Saturday, October 9th, 2010
#23 Florida State (4-1, 2-0 ACC) vs. #13 Miami (3-1, 1-0 ACC)
ABC - TV | Seminole ISP Sports Network - Radio
Sun Life Stadium (74,916)
- Miami leads 31-23; Miami leads 17-16 at home
- Last FSU win at Miami: 2008 (41-39); Last Miami win at home: 2004 (16-10 OT)
- Last meeting: Miami 38, Florida State 35 (2009)
- Jimbo Fisher: 4-1 (1st season) at FSU; 4-1 (1st season) overall
- Randy Shannon: 24-18 (4th season) at Miami; 24-18 (4th season overall)
- Florida State def. Virginia 34-14; Miami def. Clemson 30-21
- Renewal of in-state rivalry series that began in 1951 and has seen the teams play at least once every year since 1969. Each of the last nine meetings have been decided by eight points or less, and six have been decided by four points or less. After losing five straight to the Seminoles from 1995 through 1999, Miami has won eight of the last 11 meetings. Miami's Randy Shannon is 2-1 vs. the Seminoles as head coach and was 4-0 as a player vs. the Seminoles (1985-88). QB Jacory Harris threw for 386 yards to lead Miami's win in the 2009 game, which was the season opener for both teams.
Ones to watch:
- Florida State CB Greg Reid picked off a pair of passes vs. Virginia
- Miami WR Leonard Hankerson made seven receptions for 147 yards and three TD's in the win over Clemson.