Feb. 4, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With 16 days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with redshirt freshman Mark Peterson.
1. What is your favorite professional sports team?
a. Atlanta Braves
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
a. Two and a Half Men
3. Most recent song you listened to on your iPod?
a. Country men
4. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. CC Sabathia
5. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Buster Posey
6. Other than at Florida State what is the best venue you have competed at?
a. Cape Cod high school baseball classics
7. What was the last movie you saw?
a. Step Brothers
8. Dream vacation?
a. In a cabin in the mountains
9. Favorite kids cartoon?
10. Favorite food?
11. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who would they be?
a. My mom, my dad and the president
12. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
a. Tracking hurricanes
13. Favorite team tradition?
a. Pre game two ball
a. Never step on the chalk
15. Who makes you laugh?
a. Funny people
16. Why did you pick FSU?
a. I have always wanted to be a Seminole
17. Best memory from FSU?
a. Every moment
18. First job?
a. Oceanography lab assistant
19. Talent I would most like to have?
a. Ambidextrous pitcher
20. Dream date?
a. Jessica Alba
21. Your words to live by…
a. Failure is the best medicine
22. One thing I can’t live without?
a. My left arm
23. Favorite spot on campus?
a. Dick Howser Stadium
24. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
25. When I am at home I like to?
a. Relax and be with my family
26. Most influential person in your life?
a. My parents
27. On average I send _____ text messages a day
28. Facebook or MySpace?
29. Any pregame rituals?
a. Just get into the right mindset
30. I know it is game time when?
a. I step on the field