Jan. 23, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners, including five position starters, while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With 28 days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with redshirt sophomore transfer Rafael Lopez. Lopez is in his first season with the Seminoles after playing at Indian River Community College in 2008.
1. What is your favorite professional sports team?
a. New York Yankees
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
3. Most recent song you listened to on your iPod?
a. Got money
4. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. Jimmy Rollins
5. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Chris Volstad
6. Other than at Florida State what is the best venue you have competed at?
a. Northwoods League, Battle Creek Bombers
7. What was the last movie you saw?
a. In the land of women
8. Dream vacation?
a. Dominican Republic
9. Favorite kids cartoon?
a. Ninja Turtles
10. Favorite food?
11. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who would they be?
a. T.O., Babe Ruth and Derek Jeter
12. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
a. Playing football
13. Favorite team tradition?
a. Group Huddle
a. Put left shoe on before right
15. Who makes you laugh?
16. Why did you pick FSU?
a. I liked it a lot
17. Best memory from FSU?
a. Getting here
18. First job?
a. Gym cleaner
19. Talent I would most like to have?
a. Being tall
20. One thing I can’t live without?
21. Favorite spot on campus?
a. Baseball field
22. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
a. Be really smart
23. Most influential person in your life?
24. On average I send _____ text messages a day
25. Facebook or MySpace?
26. Any pregame rituals?
27. I know it is game time when?
a. The game starts