Jan. 31, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners, including five position starters, while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With 20 days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with freshman Spencer Dickinson.
1. What is your favorite professional sports team?
a. Florida Marlins
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
a. Family Guy
3. Most recent song you listened to on your iPod?
a. Kenny Chesney – I go back
4. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. David Eckstein
5. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Eric Hosmer or Brett Devall
6. Other than at Florida State what is the best venue you have competed at?
a. The Florida Legends
7. What was the last movie you saw?
a. Step Brothers
8. Dream vacation?
9. Favorite kids cartoon?
10. Favorite food?
11. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who would they be?
a. Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Peter Griffin
12. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
a. Playing Golf
13. Favorite team tradition?
a. Turning left
15. Who makes you laugh?
a. Will Ferrell
16. Why did you pick FSU?
a. I have followed them my whole life, great baseball tradition
17. Best memory from FSU?
a. Mike Martin baseball super skills academy
18. First job?
19. Talent I would most like to have?
a. Breathe fire
20. Dream date?
a. Jessica Biel
21. Your words to live by…
a. Work harder every day
22. One thing I can’t live without?
23. Favorite spot on campus?
a. My bed
24. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
a. Breathe underwater
25. When I am at home I like to?
a. Play video games
26. Most influential person in your life?
a. My mother
27. On average I send _____ text messages a day
28. Facebook or MySpace?
29. Any pre game rituals?
a. Tape wrists
30. I know it is game time when?
a. I hear music start playing