Feb. 18, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With just two days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with senior second baseman Tommy Oravetz. The Tallahassee, Fla., native is coming off a breakout season in 2008 where he set career, season-highs for batting average, doubles, triples, home runs and RBI.
1. What’s your favorite TV show?
2. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. Brian Roberts
3. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Andrew Miller
4. What was the last movie you saw?
a. Batman Dark Knight
5. Dream vacation?
a. Yellow Stone
6. Favorite kids cartoon?
a. Swat Cats
7. Favorite food?
8. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who would they be?
a. Alexander the Great, Thomas Jefferson, David (King)
9. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
a. Living the dream….just going to school
10. Favorite team tradition?
a. Everything I do
12. Who makes you laugh?
a. Any one
13. Why did you pick FSU?
a. My whole family went there
14. Best memory from FSU?
a. World Series
15. First job?
a. Orderly in surgery center
16. Talent I would most like to have?
17. Your words to live by…
a. Be good
18. One thing I can’t live without?
a. Dri-fit material
19. Favorite spot on campus?
a. HCB area
20. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
21. When I am at home I like to?
22. Most influential person in your life?
23. On average I send _____ text messages a day
24. Facebook or MySpace?
25. Any pre game rituals?
26. I know it is game time when?
a. The umpire says play ball