Feb. 17, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With just three days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with sophomore outfielder Tyler Holt. The Gainesville, Fla., native is the only returning Seminole to have started all 68 games a season ago.
1. What is your favorite professional sports team?
a. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
a. Desperate Housewives
3. Most recent song you listened to on your iPod?
a. My life, Lil Wayne, and the game
4. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. Torii Hunter
5. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Buster Posey
6. Other than at Florida State what is the best venue you have competed at?
7. What was the last movie you saw?
a. Step Brothers
8. Dream vacation?
9. Favorite kids cartoon?
10. Favorite food?
11. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who would they be?
a. Michael Jordan, George Washington and Harriet Tubman
12. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
13. Favorite team tradition?
a. Eye black
15. Who makes you laugh?
a. Ellen DeGeneres
16. Best memory from FSU?
17. Talent I would most like to have?
18. Dream date?
a. Pamela Anderson
19. Your words to live by…
a. Whatever I am feeling
20. One thing I can’t live without?
a. Jesse Collins
21. Favorite spot on campus?
a. The field
22. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
a. Mind reading
23. When I am at home I like to?
24. Most influential person in your life?
25. On average I send _____ text messages a day
26. Facebook or MySpace?
a. Not allowed
27. Any pregame rituals?
a. Eye black
28. I know it is game time when?
a. Goon Squad