- Yes the game is sold out.
12. What gate should I enter?
- All gates are open. Students must enter through gates 9,12-15.
13. Am I allowed to re-enter the stadium after I have left?
- Fans are not permitted to leave and re-enter Ben Hill Griffin Stadium once their ticket has been scanned. Should a medical emergency arise requiring you to leave the stadium, you must report to the East or West first aid station to receive an emergency medical pass to re-enter the stadium. In the event of severe weather delaying the game, fans will be allowed to exit the seating areas to seek shelter inside the concourse, on the plaza, and outside the stadium. Fans will be readmitted at the restart of the game with their ticket stubs.
14. Where is the Florida will-call ticket office located?
- Visiting will call is located at Gate 17, lowerl level.
15. When does Ben Hill Griffin Stadium open?
- The stadium opens 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
16. What items are restricted at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium?
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Bags larger than 1’x1’x1′
- Balls & Frisbees
- Cameras with a lens greater than 4″
- Car seats
- Ice Chests/Coolers
- Laptop computers
- Laser pointers
- Metal or hard plastic frame chairs or folding chairs
- Outside food or drink
- Signs on poles
- Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
- Strollers (Umbrella strollers are permitted)
- Video cameras
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of the law enforcement officials as dictated by increased threat conditions.
17. Are there ATM’s available at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium?
- SunTrust ATM’s are located on in the main concourse adjacent to Gates 8 and 18. Additional ATM’s are located in the main concourse adjacent to Gates 2, 7, 13 and 15, and top level of the North End Zone (Sunshine Seats) and the top level of the South End Zone.
18. Who do I contact if a problem arises inside the stadium?
- The University of Florida will continue the game day text-message communication system at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The text messaging system allows fans to communicate directly with the stadium’s command post if assistance is needed in dealing with any special needs inside the stadium. Should fans need assistance while inside the stadium, they will be able to contact event management staff by sending in a text message from your phone. Simply text “GATORS” <space> the Issue and Location of the incident to 69050. Please note than standard SMS rates apply.
19. Where do I report Lost and Found?
- Lost and found articles can be reported to or turned in to any Gator Guest Service Booth: located at Gates 2, 7 and 16. For parents or family looking for a lost person, please meet your party at the Switchboard located between Gates 1 and 2 (next to the main ticket office). If necessary, an announcement will be made to page the missing person.
20. Where are First Aid Stations located?
- There are seven (7) locations inside the Stadium for medical treatment:
- South End Zone – 2nd level concourse behind Section 53
- North End Zone – Centrally located on each level
- East Stands – Lower concourse between Gates 13 and 14
- West Stands – Lower concourse inside Gate 2
- Skyboxes – South end of Evans Champions Club (5th floor)