Nov. 16, 2011
Friday Night Block Party FAQ
1. What time is the game?
- The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m. EST. You will want to be in the stadium early as pregame practice begins at 6:30 p.m., the senior class is recognized at 7:15 p.m., the marching chiefs perform their pregame concert at 7:20 p.m. EST, the flyover takes place at 7:24 p.m. and Osceola and Renegade take the field at 7:29 p.m. EST.
2. What is the weather forecast?
- Temperatures will be in the low 60’s during the game. There will be winds out of the ENE at 4 miles per hour.
3. Are tickets still available for the Florida State vs. Virginia game?
- Yes tickets are still available. You can purchase your tickets by clicking here. You can also call the Florida State ticket office at 1-888-FSU-Nole.
4. Will there be a flyover?
- Yes, there will be a military flyover performed by the Coast Guard.
5. Is the game televised?
- The game will be televised nationally on ESPN2. You can also watch the game on ESPN3.
6. Can I listen to the game on the radio?
- You can follow “The Voice of the Seminoles” Gene Deckerhoff, along with William Floyd and Tom Block on any of our Seminole IMG Sports Network affiliates. For a complete list of affiliates click here.
7. Is the game broadcast on satelite radio?
- The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 94 and XM channel 193.
8. How do I follow the Seminoles online?
- Seminoles.com should be your home for Florida State athletics online. You can listen to the game in Seminoles.com/AllAccess, interact with our live game chat and analysis by clicking here, get live stats through Gametracker, watch the post-game press conference free here. You will also want to check back after the game as Seminoles.com will have highlights featuring the call of Gene Deckerhoff and William Floyd. You can also watch the re-broadcast of the game shortly after conclusion.
9. Is the Moore Athletic Center Great Hall open on gameday?
- Yes, the Moore Athletic Center and Great Hall are open on gameday. The Moore Athletic Center will close to the public at 5:30 p.m.
10. Are there any special promotions for the Florida State vs. Virginia game?
- It’s Homecoming on the campus of Florida State University. For a complete list of events, click here.
11. Where can I park?
- If you are a member of the Seminole Boosters and you have a designated parking lot pass you can access that map by clicking here. If you do not have a parking pass please refer to any lots that are listed as general parking.
12. Is there RV parking available?
- Seminole Boosters who contribute at the Golden Chief, Silver Chief or Tomahawk levels are eligible to park their RVs in the dedicated lots the weekend of home football games. The fee for the motorhome is $75 and the fee for an additional vehicle is $15. For more information, click here.
13. Is there a policy on tailgating at FSU?
- Tailgating is fast becoming a time-honored tradition at Doak Campbell Stadium. While we encourage you to have a good time, please act responsibly. Fans utilizing booster parking lots are permitted only one parking space per vehicle. We ask you to minimize your tailgating space to permit free movement of vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Lots will open at 2:30 p.m.. Tents, tables, tarps, or canopies are not permitted in areas that impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into an adjacent parking space. For more information on tailgating, click here.
14. When does Doak Campbell Stadium open?
- The stadium opens 2 hours prior to kickoff.
15. When can students begin to line up for entry?
- Students are permitted to line up for entry at any gate 3 hours prior to kick-off. Suggested gate entry for students is Gates K, L and M.
16. What items are restricted at Doak Campbell Stadium?
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Weapons or explosives
- Food or beverage from outside the stadium
- Coolers or containers, including cans, cups and bottles
- Bags larger than 12″ x 12″ x 12″
- Char backs with arms or chair backs that are larger than a single seat
- Artifical noisemakers (whistles, bells, air horns)
- Video equipment, tape recorders, cameras with lenses longer than 6″
- Sticks, Poles, flags or signs
- Laser pointers
- Pets (except special service animals)
- Beach balls or other airborne objects
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of the law enforcement officials as dictated by increased threat conditions.
17. Are there ATM’s available at the stadium?
- There is an ATM available outside of the University Center Building B (across from the “Unconquered” statue) and 7 ATMs are available inside the stadium
18. Where do fans go to enter the skyboxes?
- East side entrances are adjacent to Gate K. West side entrances are the towers adjacent to Gate C and the Sportsmanship Statue. Northeast Skyboxes can be accessed by going into Gate L. Once through the gate, take the elevator on the right to the 4th floor. Hang a right and go to the main concourse. Hang another right and it will dead end into the NE skyboxes.
Friday Night Block Party FAQ
19. What is the Friday Night Block Party?
- The block party has evolved into a huge event that takes up most of downtown Tallahassee the night before home games. The event is free to the public and vendors will be on hand selling food, drinks and Seminole gear.
20. When and where is the Block Party?
- The block party centers around Kleman Plaza in the heart of downtown Tallahassee. The stage for the concerts is set up there along with most of the vendors. The party stretches from 5-10 p.m. and includes appearances by the FSU Cheerleaders, Seminole sports celebriteis and lots of Seminole fans.
21. What happens at the Block Party?
- Most block parties feature a free concert and national recording artists Tobacco Rd Band will be playing the night before the Virginia game. Vendors selling food, drinks and all things FSU will be open for business.
22. Where do I park for the Block Party?
- There is a parking deck below Kleman Plaza that offers the best parking for early arrivals. Fans line the streets for parking and the Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center is within easy walking distance.