Aug. 26, 2004
LANDOVER, Md. –
The “Three Wise Men” of college football – as College GameDay’s team of Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit is identified in a 2004 ad campaign – will preview the season Friday, Aug. 27 at 7 p.m. ET (repeated Saturday morning at 11 a.m.), during ESPN’s presentation of the 2004 College GameDay Season Preview Special Built by The Home Depot.
The program will include segments with ESPN’s Rece Davis, Trev Alberts and Mark May from FedEx Field in
· Matt Leinart: Entering the 2004 season, USC quarterback Matt Leinart has become the poster-child for college football excellence – gracing the cover of several magazine pre-season preview editions. But as only his close friends, family and coaches know, the 6-5 junior was born cross-eyed – a vision condition called strabismus. New GameDay reporter Jill Arrington, in her debut story for ESPN, will tell of Leinart’s battle to overcome the severe childhood vision problems.
· Mel Kiper’s top five players: NFL recruiting guru Mel Kiper will preview his top five players to watch this season.
· Fowler’s one-on-one with Pete Carroll: Host Chris Fowler will interview Pete Carroll, head coach of USC Trojans.
· USC vs. Virginia Tech: Fowler, Corso and Herbstreit will break down the season’s first game highlighting the key players and match-ups to watch.
· Bowl predictions: Herbstreit and Corso will reveal their projected teams for the BCS national title game in
· College football insider’s round-table: Originating from FedEx Field,
· All-access: An all-access look at Fall training camps with new and old coaches in new places – UTEP’s Mike Price, Nebraska’s Bill Callahan and Mississippi’s Sly Croom.