Oct. 1, 2008
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – As the conference season rolls along, Florida State volleyball will finish a four-week road campaign at Georgia Tech on Oct. 3 and Clemson Oct 4. The Seminoles enter the match-up at 9-4 overall and 1-2 in the ACC while the Yellow Jackets are 10-3/2-1 and the Tigers are 9-5/1-2.
FSU holds a slight advantage over Clemson, taking 21 out of 39 meetings with the Tigers. But Georgia Tech dominates the overall series, 25-9, with the Noles winning only three matches inside O’Keefe Gymnasium.
Florida State (9-4, 1-2 ACC) at Georgia Tech (10-3, 2-1 ACC)
Friday, October 3 at 7:00 pm
Series Record: Georgia Tech leads 25-9
– The Seminoles are 3-13 when playing at O’Keefe Gymnasium in Atlanta, Ga.
– Florida State split the series 1-1 last season, winning 3-1 at home then dropping a 3-1 on the road.
– The Yellow Jackets were projected to finish second in the Preseason ACC Poll and are currently tied for second with Miami, both with a 2-1 conference record.
Florida State (9-4, 1-2 ACC) at Clemson (9-5, 1-2 ACC)
Saturday, October 4 at 6:00 pm
Series Record: Florida State leads, 21-18
– The Seminoles are 7-10 when playing at Jervey Gym Clemson, S.C.
– Florida State looks to break a four-match losing streak against the Tigers with the last win on the road to Clemson coming in 2005.
– Clemson is the defending ACC Champion and was projected to repeat in the preseason poll this year.