Nov. 18, 2008
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Following a stellar pair of ACC wins over Clemson and Georgia Tech at home in Tully Gym, Florida State will prepare for its final road series of the regular season as it travels north to take on the top team in the ACC, North Carolina, and NC State. The Seminoles will face the Wolfpack first on Thursday night before making the short trek to Chapel Hill to challenge the Tar Heels on Friday. Both matches start at 7:00 p.m. with Friday’s match against UNC available live on ACC Select.
Florida State (19-8, 11-6 ACC) at NC State (9-23, 3-14 ACC)
Thursday, November 20 at 7:00 pm
Series Record: Florida State leads, 33-5
In Tallahassee: 17-1
In Raleigh: 14-4
Seminoles’ Current Streak: Won 18
Coach Poole’s Record: 1-0
Last Meeting: Oct. 18, 2008 in Tallahassee, Fla., Seminoles won (3-1)
– The Seminoles are 14-4 when playing in Raleigh and are currently on an impressive 18-win streak against NC State.
– Florida State has given up just five sets to the Wolfpack in the past 18 matches (nine years).
– The last time FSU fell to NS State was Nov. 13, 1999, on the road. The Wolfpack defeated the Seminoles, 3-1.
Florida State (19-8, 11-6 ACC) at North Carolina (19-9, 13-4 ACC)
Friday, November 21 at 7:00 pm (LIVE on ACC Select & GameTracker)
Series Record: Florida State leads, 30-18
In Tallahassee: 22-4
In Chapel Hill: 5-12
Seminoles’ Current Streak: Lost 1
Coach Poole’s Record: 0-1
Last Meeting: Oct. 17, 2008 in Tallahassee, Fla., Seminoles lost (3-2)
– The Seminoles are 5-12 when facing North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
– Florida State swept the series last season, winning both meetings, 3-0.
– The Tar Heels are currently ranked No. 1 in the ACC after going on an eight-match winning streak.