Nov. 15, 2007
#18/19 Florida State at DePaul Invitational
McGrath Arena (3,000) l Chicago, Ill.
At #24 DePaul l Friday, November 17 l 8 pm (EST)
Vs. Florida International l Sat., Nov 18 l 7 pm (EST)
Radio: 1270 AM l Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
Online Radio Broadcast
DePaul Live Stats
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- Following a weekend sweep of Florida Gulf Coast (94-54) and North Florida (75-48), the 18th-ranked Florida State women’s basketball team goes back on the road this weekend to the DePaul Invitational, November 16-17.
- The Seminoles moved up one spot to No. 18 in the Associated Press rankings – marking the highest ranking in school history.
- Against DePaul, FSU is looking for its first regular-season win over a ranked opponent since March 26, 2006, when it beat No. 17/19 Boston College 71-60. The Seminoles last road regular-season win over a ranked team was January 24, 2005, when it beat No. 23 Virginia Tech, 81-78, in double overtime.
- After the first weekend of play, forward Jacinta Monroe (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) is fourth in the ACC at 18.0 points per game.
- Florida State was the most accurate shooting team in the conference this weekend, hitting 54.9 percent from the floor. The Seminoles are also in the top three for scoring offense, 3 pt field goal percentage and 3 pt field goal defense.
Florida State Gets First Test Of The Year At DePaul Invitational
Wasting no time in seeing what her team is made of, Florida State women’s basketball coach www.seminoles.com.
Complete Release in PDF Format