Dec. 29, 2007
FSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
Florida State at FIU Fun & Sun Classic
Pharmed Arena (5,000) l Miami, Fla.
Vs. #7 Georgia l Saturday, December 30 l 7:30 pm
Vs. FIU or Hofstra l Sunday, Dec 31 l 5:30/7:30 pm
Radio: 100.7 FM l Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- Riding a three-game winning streak, the Florida State women’s basketball team goes on the road this weekend for the FIU Fun & Sun Classic, December 30-31. The Seminoles open the tournament against #7 Georgia at 7:30 p.m. then take on either the host Florida International or Hofstra.
- FSU is coming off a thrilling 52-51 victory over Samford on Thursday. Jacinta Monroe’s (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) put back the game winner as time expired.
- FSU has already taken on FIU this year, beating the Panthers, 70-50, at the DePaul Invitational on November 17.
- This will be the second year in a row that Florida State and Georgia have met on a neutral court. Last year the Bulldogs prevailed, 70-65, in Duluth, Ga. FSU is 0-6 all-time against the Bulldogs.
- Senior guard Shante Williams (Jacksonville, Fla.) needs 11 assists to break the Florida State career record. Currently she is at 378 assists.
Florida State Heads South For Some Fun & Sun At FIU
Winner of its last three games, the Florida State women’s basketball team is back on the road in its last games before the New Year. The Seminoles play their third ranked team of the year as they open the FIU Fun & Sun Classic with No. 7 Georgia on Saturday (December 30) at 7:30 p.m. The next day Florida State will take on either the host Panthers at Hofstra at 5:30 or 7:30 p.m. Both games can be heard on 100.7 FM or at Seminoles.com.
Complete Release in PDF Format