Another record setting semester for athletes is logged.
Feb. 16, 1998
TALLAHASSEE, FL — Florida State athletes had another record setting semester in the classroom this fall with the highest number of student-athletes ever on the Dean’s List. In addition, FSU athletes posted a record 187 members with a 3.0 or better G.P.A. A total of 490 student-athletes compete in FSU’s 17 sport programs.
Six of the Seminole teams finished the semester with Team G.P.A.’s over 3.0 with an additional seven teams finishing over 2.8.
A list of achievements for the fall follows:
- 187 Student-athletes have a minimum 3.0 CUMULATIVE G.P.A.
- 187 Student-athletes have a minumum 3.0 Semester G.P.A.
- 89 Student-athletes made the Dean’s List
- 12 Student-athletes had a 4.0 semester G.P.A.
- The Fall ’97 average team semester G.P.A. was a 2.88
- Six sport programs had a minimum 3.0 semester team G.P.A.
- Six sport programs had a mimimum 3.0 CUMULATIVE team G.P.A.
- 13 out of 17 teams had above a 2.7 semester G.P.A.
The following programs have a CUMULATIVE TEAM G.P.A. of over 3.0:
Women’s Tennis 3.31
Women’s Cross Country 3.16
Women’s Golf 3.22
Women’s Soccer 3.19
Women’s Track 3.04
Women’s Volleyball 3.00