Feb. 12, 2009
WEATHER ADVISORY: Due to the threat of inclement weather approaching the Tallahassee area on Saturday, a decision regarding the cancellation of Fan Day will be made by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 14. Fans are encouraged to call 645-GAME (4263) or log on to www.seminoles.com for updates on Saturday’s scheduled events.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Athletics in conjunction with the Dick Howser Center is proud to invite all Seminole baseball fans to “Baseball Day in Tallahassee” , presented by ABC 27HD, on Saturday, February 14th from 12-6:00pm at Dick Howser Stadium. Join Seminole Athletics in celebrating the beginning of another exciting season of Florida State Baseball, as well as giving back to a long time community children’s support organizations in Tallahassee, the Dick Howser Center for Childhood Services Inc.
Admission is free to all. Fans will also have the chance to get team autographs and watch a scrimmage. Fans will also have the opportunity to take part in several unique activities throughout the day. These activities, which will require a small donation, will allow fans to take batting practice on Mike Martin Field, take a walking tour of the team tradition and locker rooms, participate in a speed pitch game, take a lap around the bases and win great prizes as part of a raffle auction. All proceeds will benefit the Dick Howser Center in Tallahassee.
“As the Dick Howser Center for Childhood Services celebrates 35 years of service in our community, we are truly honored and profoundly grateful to be a part this year’s, “Day of Baseball in Tallahassee” sponsored by Florida State University,” said Executive Director Shelly Brantley. “Our non-profit organization was founded by the great FSU baseball Coach Dick Howser, who generously devoted so much of his time and resources to help us improve the quality of life and acceptance of children with special needs and their families. It is only through the unprecedented leadership and support of Florida State University and members of our community, that enables us to bring hope and opportunity to some of the most vulnerable children in our area to help them reach their full potential.”
It’s a day full of fun, games and prizes for the entire family. For more information, visit the Baseball Promotions page under the “For The Fans” tab at www.seminoles.com or call 850-644-8003.
Activities at Fan Day include:
* Team Autographs: FREE (no ticket needed)
* Team Scrimmage: FREE (no ticket needed)
* Take Batting Practice on Mike Martin Field: $20 for 5 hits (limited to first 75 fans)
* Facility Tour: $5 (tour includes inside look of the Tradition Room, Team Locker Room, Dugout Suite and Equipment Rooms; tours will begin starting at 3pm)
* Speed Pitch Game: $2 (will take two pitches and then try and guess the speed of your third pitch to win tickets to an opening weekend series game)
* Post-game Lap Around the Bases: $1 (fans can take a lap around the bases following the game)
* Raffle Auction: $5 per ticket or $20 for 5 tickets or $50 for 20 tickets (Purchase tickets and place them in the entry boxes of the prizes you want to win, some items include: Buster Posey Autographed CWS baseball, MLB autographed items, FSU Experiences and Tickets and Community Business Donations).
*A full updated list of auction items will be listed at the following link: Baseball Events & Promotions Page