Sept. 10, 2009
|#4 Florida State (5-0-0) (0-0 ACC)|
|Stats | Game Notes | Media Guide|
|UCF (3-1-1) (0-0 C-USA)|
|Roster | Schedule | Stats ||
|#24 UAB (6-0-0) (0-0 C-USA)|
|Roster | Schedule | Stats ||
September 10th, 2009: 7:00 PM ET | Orlando,FL
September 13th, 2009: 6:00 PM ET | Tallahassee, FL
|Facility:||Seminole Soccer Complex | Driving Directions|
|| Twitter | Facebook
|Live Stats:||Gametracker – Thursday | Gametracker – Sunday|
|Live Video:||Watch Live – Florida State vs. UAB|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Fourth-ranked Florida State (5-0-0) looks to continue its strong start facing a pair of schools out of Conference USA this week. The Seminoles travel to Orlando to face UCF (3-1-1) on Thursday, September 10 at 7:00 p.m., before returning home to play No. 24 UAB (6-0-0) on Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
Thursday’s road contest at UCF marks just the second road game this year for the undefeated Seminoles. FSU is unbeaten in its last 12 road contests and have not lost on the road since falling to Wake Forest 3-2 in 2007.
FSU is 10-2-1 all-time against schools from Conference USA having faced UAB (1-0), East Carolina (1-0), Memphis (1-0) and UCF (7-2-1). Under head coach Mark Krikorian, FSU is 3-0-1 with all four games coming against UCF. Eight of the 13 all-time matches against C-USA opponents have come on the road with the Seminoles posting a record of 6-1-1 away from the friendly confines of the Seminole Soccer Complex. FSU has outscored C-USA opponents 34-10 all-time.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
#4 Florida State at UCF
Series Record: FSU leads 7-2-1
* This marks the 10th all-time meeting between the Seminoles and Knights with FSU leading the overall series with a record of 7-2-1.
* Florida State is unbeaten in its last four matches against UCF (3-0-1) while posting a 3-0-1 record in its last four trips to Orlando. UCF’s lone home win came in the first ever meeting between the two schools back in 1998 as the Knights defeated the Seminoles 1-0.
* Head coach Mark Krikorian owns an all-time record of 3-0-1 against the Knights, while UCF head coach Amanda Cromwell is 1-7-1 against FSU since arriving in Orlando.
* The two schools met in Tallahassee to open the 2008 campaign. FSU defeated UCF 5-0 setting what was then the school record for the most goals scored on opening day, a record eclipsed in 2009.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
#24 UAB at #4 Florida State
Webcast – Seminoles.com All-Access
Series Record: FSU leads 1-0-0
* This marks just the second meeting between Florida State and UAB and the first time the two schools have faced off in Tallahassee.
* The Seminoles and Blazers first met in Birmingham back in 1997 as FSU was victories 1-0. Janna Walkup tallied the lone goal scoring on a header in the 80th minute off a cross from Jill Ford. FSU held the advantage in both shots (12-3) and corner kicks (9-2) in the win.
* UAB entered the national rankings this week sitting at No. 24 by Soccer America. The Blazers are off to their best start in school history with a 6-0 record. UAB has allowed just three goals on the year, while outscoring the opposition 11-3. The Blazers have posted four shutouts. UAB is the lone Conference USA school to be listed in the Soccer America top 25.
For Complete Notes please see the above PDF