February 12, 1999
ATHENS, Ga – The Florida State men’s tennis team fell for the
first time this year against the University of Georgia, 6-1. The lone
singles winner for FSU was sophomore Chad Mooney at the No.5 position. He
defeated Georgia’s Michael Lang, 6-2, 6-3.
The only other highlight for the Seminoles was in doubles as No.1
team Ty Braswell and Davidson Kozlowski earned a victory to improve their
spring dual match record to 4-1.
The Seminoles will travel home before heading to Miami next weekend
to face Florida International and Miami University. The Seminoles record
this spring is now 4-1.
FINAL TEAM SCORE: UGA 6, FSU 1
1. Ty Braswell/Davidson Kozlowski (FSU) d. Michael Lang/Travis Parrott -t43 (UGA) 8-5
2. Chad Carlson/Talito Corrales (UGA) d. Michael ngham/Yvo Niks (FSU) 9-8(3)
3. Joey Pitts/Adam Seri (UGA) d. Gerald Casas/Chad Mooney (FSU) 8-2
1. Chad Carlson-39 (UGA) d. Davidson Kozlowski (FSU) 6-2,6-4
2. Joey Pitts (UGA) d. Ty Braswell-65 (FSU) 6-2,6-2
3. Adam Seri-t41 (UGA) d. Yvo Niks (FSU) 7-5,6-2*
4. Talito Corrales (UGA) d. Michael Ingham (FSU) 6-4,6-2
5. Chad Mooney (FSU) d. Michael Lang (UGA) 6-2,6-3
6. Travis Parrott (UGA) d. Jeff Scarrella (FSU) 6-4,6-2