Nov. 22, 2007
No. 20/21 Florida State at Florida
Friday, November 23 l 5:30 pm
Stephen O’Connell Center (12,000) l Gainesville, Fla.
Radio: 1270 AM l TV: Sun Sports
FSU Radio: Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
Live Audio Broadcast & Gametrack
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- A four-game road trip begins for the No. 20/21 Florida State women’s basketball team this Friday as it travels to Gainesville to take on in-state rival Florida at 5:30 p.m. The game can be seen on Sun Sports.
- Guard Mara Freshour (Nashville, Ind.) had the best game of her collegiate career on Tuesday in the 77-42 win over Fordham. She scored a career-high 25 points on 10-of-12 shooting, including five three-pointers.
- Florida State has dominated the series with the Gators of late, winning three of the last four by an average of 17.3 points per game.
- For the second time this season Florida State shot 80 percent from the free throw line as it hit 12-of-15 (80 percent) against Fordham. During the entire 2006-07 season FSU only shot 80 percent twice from the line and neither happened until the month of February.
- Over the last three games, forward Cayla Moore (Albany, Ga.) is averaging a team-best 6.7 rebounds per game and scoring 7.7 ppg.
- Sun Sports is channel 28 on Tallahassee Comcast cable, 632 on DirecTV and 422 on Dish Network.
- Center Britany Miller has missed the last three games with a sprained right ankle. She is listed as day-to-day.
FSU-UF Weekend Begins With Women’s Basketball On Friday
There is no better way to start the first of three contests between No. 20/21 Florida State and Florida this weekend than with the women’s basketball game. The Seminoles and Gators tip off at 5:30 pm this Friday (November 23) at the O’Connell Center. Both teams have had a good start to the season as the Seminoles come in at 4-1 and the host Gators have a 3-1 mark. The game can be heard live on 1270 AM and at www.seminoles.com as well as seen live on Sun Sports.
Complete Release in PDF Format