March 19, 2011
|Sunday, March 19th – 5:15 pm EST|
|Auburn Arena | Auburn, AL|
|Tickets – Available | Seating Chart|
|TV: ESPN2 | Radio: 100.7 WFLA – FM|
Min / Game
Pts. / Game
Ast. / Game
Reb. / Game
|Head to Head|
AUBURN, Ala. (Seminoles.com) – For the seventh season in a row, the Florida State women’s basketball program is set to begin NCAA Tournament play.
The Seminoles (23-7) arrived in Auburn, Ala. Friday night and — after a 90-minute practice inside Auburn Arena Saturday – will play against Samford (25-7) Sunday at 5:15 p.m. ET time on ESPN2.
If FSU wins, the ’Noles would take on the winner of Georgia vs. Middle Tennessee on Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. ET. The winner of that contest then heads to Dallas next weekend.
• Florida State heads to the NCAA Tournament for a school-record seventh consecutive season.
• By earning a No. 3 seed in the Big Dance, FSU tied the school record it set last season for highest seed in program history.
• The Seminoles are 11-10 in NCAA Tournament games all-time. FSU earned its No. 3 seed after a regular season that saw the program finish with at least 20 wins for the third year in a row and for the sixth time in seven seasons.
• FSU ended the regular season with 11 wins in the very tough Atlantic Coast Conference. The ’Noles have now gone over 10 league victories in three consecutive seasons, which is the first such streak in program history.
• Florida State has already played at the brand new Auburn Arena this season. The ’Noles defeated Auburn 67-61 on Nov. 15, 2010.
• FSU and Samford have met once before in a thrilling 52-51 Seminole win in Tallahassee during the 2007-08 regular season.