Jan. 2, 2008
FSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
Florida State vs. #11 LSU
Thursday, January 3 l 7 pm
Donald L. Tucker Center (12,100) l Tallahassee, Fla.
Radio: 1270 AM l ACC Select
FSU Radio: Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
FSU Radio & Gametrack Links
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- Playing its final non-conference game of the regular season, the Florida State women’s basketball team hopes to ring in the New Year in style as it takes on No. 11 LSU at 7 p.m. on Thursday (January 3).
- Thursday’s contest is a rematch of the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 game in which the Tigers prevailed 55-43.
- The Seminoles have not played a ranked non-conference team at home since No. 2 Connecticut came to town on December 30, 2002. FSU is 14-56 at home against teams in the AP Top 25.
- Guard Mara Freshour (Nashville, Ind.) was named to the All-Tournament team of the FIU Fun & Sun Classic. She scored 20 points against No. 7 Georgia.
- Freshmen Antionette Howard (Snellville, Ga.) and Courtney Ward (Montgomery, Ala.) were the leading scorers in the win 72-54 win over Hofstra with 15 points each. Howard added 11 rebounds for her second double-double.
FSU Rings In The New Year With Sweet 16 Rematch
There might be no better way to usher in the New Year and round out the non-conference slate for the Florida State women’s basketball team. The Seminoles will get a shot of redemption for last year’s loss in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament when they take on No. 11 LSU Thursday (January 3). Florida State tips off against the Tigers at 7 p.m. and the game can be heard on 1270 AM as well as Seminoles.com. It can also be seen on ACC Select.
Complete Release in PDF Format