Oct. 16, 2007
Birmingham, Ala. –
It was as close to total domination as the Florida State women’s cross country “B” team could get over the weekend at the 5k Great American Cross Country Festival. The Seminoles claimed six of the top seven spots on their way to an impressive victory with a total score of 15 points.
Bringing home the individual title was junior Lydia Willemse (Forest, Ontario) as she crossed the tape in a time of 18:43.90 to win by over six seconds. The next Seminole across the line in third was junior Shannon Coates (Delray Beach, Fla.) in 18:55.90 to start a string of five-straight Florida State finishers.
Up next was Amanda Quick (Tampa, Fla.) in fourth with a time of 18;59.60 followed by junior Amanda Hahn (Gainesville, Fla.) with a fifth-place mark of 19:05.90. Right behind them was Tina Biedenharn (Orange Park, Fla.) in sixth at 19:32.10 to round out the Florida State scoring. Also breaking into the top 10 was Ashley Andress (Davie, Fla.) in seventh at 19:32.10 and ninth-place Bree-Arne McArdle (Queensland, Australia) with a time of 19:40.70.
Five members of the men’s team ran in the 8k race, led by Jason Lakritz (Newburgh, N.Y.) who took 10th at 26:35.90. Christian Minor (Rockledge, Fla.) came in 26:40.30 to take 12th and Tyler Price (Tallahassee, Fla.) cracked the top 20 in 17th at 27:04.70. Also running the race was David Huckaby (Fort Mill, S.C.) at 27:51 and Kevin Jones (Dover, Fla.) with a time of 29:08.50.
Up next for the Seminoles is the ACC Championships, October 27 in Charlottesville, Va.
Florida State's Finshers:
1) Lydia Willemse 18:43.90 3) Shannon Coates 18:55.90
4) Amanda Quick 18:59.60 5) Amanda Hahn 19:05.90
6) Tina Biedenharn 19:32.10 7) Ashley Andress 19:40.70
9) BreeArne McArdle 20:02.30 11) Rosanna Bell 0:15.60
21) Jen Hillis 21:06.30 22) Angelina Ramos 21:06.40
24) Ashley Montagnese 21:15.60 27) Meredith Kelly 21:34.40
29) Ryann Matthews 21:45.60 31) Laura Cullen 21:51.20
32) Carly Thurman 21:57.50 36) Heather Smith 22:16.80