MOTORHOME PARKING POLICIES
Golden Chiefs, Silver Chiefs, and Tomahawks
1. Seminole Boosters who contribute at the Golden Chief ($6000), Silver Chief ($3000) or Tomahawk ($1200) levels are eligible to park their motorhomes in the dedicated lots the weekends of home football games.
2. The motorhome must be a fully self-contained, self-supporting, Class A or C RV. No towed RV’s (5th wheels) are permitted.
3. The fee for the motorhome is $75 and the fee for an additional vehicle is $15.
4. Each lot is a 20′ x 40′ space, and each territory is marked and numbered. Parking spaces will be supplied with 50, 30, and 20 amp electrical services. Adapters must be furnished by the motorhome owner. No generators are to be used in the lots. Some motorhomes will have to share electrical service with a neighbor. For this reason, electrical services have been upgraded so that all plugs will accommodate 50 amps.
5. Lots will open at 10:00 a.m. on Friday.
Reserving a Space
On this page, you will find a reservation form for each home game of the upcoming 2009 season as well as a map of motorhome parking spaces. If you plan to reserve a motorhome space for a home game, send in your reservation form by fax to the Booster office at (850) 222-5929. The form must include your credit card number as well as your top five choices for reserved parking. The reservation form may be sent in as early as Monday morning of a home game week, but no later than Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.
*Due to complications in the past, we will be unable to receive reservations through email. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
1. Each home game, a random drawing will determine the location of your space. Golden Chiefs will be drawn first, followed by Silver Chiefs, then finally Tomahawks.
2. If there are not enough spaces for Golden Chiefs and Silver Chiefs in their designated lots, they will automatically be issued a space in the Tomahawk lot. If there are not enough spaces for all Tomahawks, then priority points will be used to determine which members will receive parking. The specific location of your space will still be based on the random drawing.
3. If none of your choices are available, you will be assigned the next available space. You may check our website (www.seminole-boosters.com) starting Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. to find out which space you have been assigned.
If you and some of your fellow Boosters wish for group parking, you may indicate so on your reservation form. However, all parties in the group must request each other, and every member of the group must be drawn from the lottery before the adjacent spaces are assigned. Because of this, large groups may have to sacrifice preferred spaces in order to be placed together.
*Example: If Joe Jones and Carla Smith want to park together, they would each write the other’s name on their reservation form. If Joe’s name is drawn first, he will have to wait until Carla’s name is drawn before being assigned their spots.
Rules and Regulations
1. If you fail to get your reservation form in by the deadline (Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.), you may still be assigned a space from what has not already been reserved. In this case, you may pay at the gate by cash or check.
2. Each Tomahawk, Silver Chief, or Golden Chief Booster may reserve only one motorhome space per game.
3. Any reserved spaces not claimed within two hours of kickoff will be released. If you arrive late and your space has been released, you may still receive a motorhome space on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4. Parking lot personnel will issue you a motorhome lot permit at the gate. This permit will identify the location of your space and must be displayed on the dashboard so that it is visible at all times. Also, your Golden Chief, Silver Chief, or Tomahawk permit must hang from your rearview mirror.
5. One extra vehicle (car, SUV, pick-up, van, suburban, or motorcycle) per motorhome will be allowed for an extra fee of $15. The extra vehicle will require a permit and must remain on the assigned space. Only permitted vehicles will be allowed in the motorhome lots.
*The intent of the extra vehicle permit is to allow you mobility around town during your football weekend. It is not intended for you to give/sell to others who do not qualify for football parking. Unauthorized use undermines the efforts of Seminole Boosters and is unfair to supporters of the Seminole program. Failure to observe the intent of this policy can result in a suspension of your right to use the motorhome lot. If there is a vehicle found in the lot without a motorhome car permit, it will be towed at the owner’s expense.
**Due to safety concerns, we will no longer allow any recreational vehicles to be in use inside the motor home lots. Recreational vehicles include mopeds, golf carts, go-carts, and three or four wheelers.
6. Because we provide electrical hook-ups, no generators are allowed in the motorhome lots.
7. Our motorhome lot is strictly for tailgating and supporting Seminole football. It is not to be used for any commercial endeavors.
8. Pets are welcome. They must be leashed or caged on the motorhome site or in the motorhome. Pets must always be attended outside the motorhome. Walking pets on a leash is acceptable, but the owner must clean up after the pet and dispose of waste appropriately.
*We received complaints that some owners did not clean up after their pets. Please be considerate of your fellow motorhome neighbors.
9. Please respect the rights of all permit holders. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. If the behavior does not change upon request, the site can be reported to security or parking personnel.The permit holder and guests of the permit holder may be warned via spoken word or written notice, or punished via permit cancellation or eviction.
*The intent of the policy is not to outlaw playing catch or having a party, but is an effort to ensure that all permit holders recognize and respect their fellow Seminoles using the facility. Fighting, abusive language or abusive actions toward fellow parking lot users, University officials, or security personnel may result in immediate expulsion.
10. For those spending the night at the facility, it is reasonable to expect that loud noise, voices, pets and music will subside at a reasonable hour to respect the rights of others.
Questions and Answers
Q: Do I need a special permit to enter the lot?
A: You will need to have your Booster Golden Chief, Silver Chief, or Tomahawk permit on your rearview mirror as well as your motorhome lot permit (issued at the gate) on your dashboard. All permits must be displayed throughout the entire game.
Q: What are the benefits of this policy?
A: By allowing motorhome spaces to be reserved rather than given on a first-come, first-serve basis, we are eliminating a traffic build-up along Lake Bradford and Jackson Bluff. Since those with reservations will have already paid for and received an assigned spot, the policy will decrease the time spent waiting in line. Also, it will preserve your ability to park with your friends, and, because you will know where your reserved spot is ahead of time, it will allow you to tell others exactly where to meet you in the lot.
Q: Why aren’t towed RV’s (5th wheels) permitted?
A: The lot was designed as a motorhome lot only. We have a limited number of spaces in the motorhome lot (approx. 160 spaces). If 5th wheels are allowed, next will be self-contained trailers, pop-up campers, etc. The motorhome lot simply does not have the space to accommodate that kind of demand.
Q: Why can’t I reserve a space for the whole season?
A: If we allowed that practice, there would be too many unused spaces due to no-shows. Ultimately, we would be faced with a decision to expand the lot (which is not feasible), or limit the use based on priority (which would result in excluding loyal Boosters who attend every game). By requiring weekly reservations, we expect the lot to be more fully utilized.
Q: What if I forget to get my reservation form in by Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.?
A: You will still have the chance to use the lot. You can show up at the gate and be assigned a space based on what has not been previously reserved. You may pay for the space at the gate by cash or check.
Q: Can I reserve more than one space for other friends who are Boosters if they are at the Tomahawk, Silver Chief, or Golden Chief level?
A: No, each person may reserve only one space per Booster account.
Q: What is the latest I can arrive in the motorhome lot and still receive my reserved parking spot?
A: Two hours prior to kickoff. Any reserved spaces still unclaimedwill be released into the first-come, first-serve allotment.
Q: Is there a fee to use the motorhome lot?
A: Yes, the fee is $75 and may be paid by credit card ahead of time, or by cash or check at the gate. The fee to bring in an additional vehicle is $15.
Q: Can I use a generator?
A: No, we now provide electricity, and, because of the noise and fumes, we do not allow generators in the motorhome lots.