Oct. 21, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Seventh-ranked Florida State concludes its regular season home schedule this week with matches against No. 2 North Carolina and NC State on Thursday and Sunday, respectively. The Seminoles are undefeated at home in 2009 and have won a school record 13 straight on their home turf.
|#7 Florida State (11-2-1) (4-1-1 ACC)|
|Stats | Game Notes | Media Guide|
|#2 North Carolina (12-1-1) (5-1-0 ACC)|
|Roster | Schedule | Stats|
|NC State (7-7-1) (2-5-0 ACC)|
|Roster | Schedule | Stats|
October 22nd, 2009: 6:00 PM ET | Tallahassee, FL
October 25th, 2009: 1:00 PM ET | Tallahassee, FL
|Facility:||Seminole Soccer Complex | Driving Directions|
|| Twitter | Facebook
|Live Stats:||Gametracker – Thursday | Gametracker – Sunday|
|TV:||FS Florida – Florida State vs. North Carolina|
|Live Video:||Watch Live – Florida State vs. NC State|
With just four games remaining in the regular season, Florida State enters the week tied for second in the ACC standings with Boston College and Wake Forest with 13 points. All three teams trail North Carolina, who sits a top the league standings with 15 points.
The Seminoles and Tar Heels played to a 2-2 tie in Chapel Hill a season ago. FSU erased a two-goal deficit thanks to a pair of goals by Sanna Talonen. The draw marked just the second time in UNC school history that the Tar Heels did not win a game after taking a two-goal lead at home.
To complete the Carolina road trip a season ago, Florida State closed out the regular season with a 5-2 victory over NC State. For the second straight game, the Seminoles trailed by as many as two goals before scoring five unanswered goals in the second half to cap the come-from-behind victory and finish the regular season unbeaten on the road.
Thursday, October 22, 2009 – 6:00 p.m.
No. 2 North Carolina (12-1-1, 5-1-0 ACC) vs. No. 7 Florida State (11-2-1, 4-1-1 ACC)
* This marks the 10th consecutive meeting these two teams have faced each other while ranked in the top 10. FSU is undefeated at home in 2009 and have currently won 13 in a row inside the friendly confines of the Seminole Soccer Complex.
* The Tar Heels are riding a 14-game unbeaten streak in the series; eight of the last 10 games including six straight have been decided by one goal or less, while four of the last six contests have been decided in extra periods. The lone FSU victory in the series came in Tallahassee back in 2000 when the Seminoles posted a 3-2 win in OT. Kristin Boyce scored the golden goal in the 114th minute.
Sunday, October 25, 2009 – 1:00 p.m.
NC State (7-7-1, 2-5-0 ACC) vs. No. 7 Florida State (11-2-1, 4-1-1 ACC)
* Florida State closes out its regular season home schedule Sunday afternoon against NC State. The Seminoles will honor Kimmy Diaz, Becky Edwards and Lauren Switzer, the three members of the 2009 Senior Class prior to the start of the game.
* FSU has won eight in a row in the series and is unbeaten in its last 10 games (8-0-2). The Seminoles have outscored the Wolfpack 25-8 during their eight-game win streak. NC State’s last win over the Seminoles came in 1998, a 2-1 victory in Raleigh. FSU is unbeaten at home against the Wolfpack in six previous meetings.
* These two teams have never faced each other more than once in the 14 previous seasons of Seminole soccer. In the regular season finale a season ago, the Noles erased a two-goal deficit scoring five unanswered to cap an undefeated regular season road record in 2008.
McCARTY, PRICE LEADING THE WAY
* Through 14 games, forwards Tiffany McCarty and Jessica Price have combined for 57 (22 goals, 13 assists) of the 141 total points posted by Florida State this year – that accounts for more than 40 percent of the total scoring.
* McCarty and Price rank one, two in the ACC in scoring at 2.14 and 1.93 points per game. McCarty ranks first in goals (12) and points (30) and tied for fourth in assists (6), while Price is second in points (27), tied for second in assists (7) and tied for third in (10).
* McCarty and Price are the only two student-athletes in the ACC to rank in the top four in points, goals and assists.
* McCarty and Price also rank nationally in points per game (9th and 16th), while McCarty sits tied for 10th in goals per game. Price is tied for 27th in goals per game and tied for 23rd in assists per game.
* The Seminoles have received at least one point from McCarty or Price in 10 of the 14 games. In seven games this year, both Price and McCarty have each scored a goal.
* Twice this season, Price and McCarty have each scored two goals in the same game that coming against Washington State and Clemson. Against the Cougars, the Seminole duo accounted for all four goals.
* Six times this year, McCarty and Price have combined to score a goal. McCarty has assisted on a Price goal five times, while Price has found McCarty once.
For Complete Notes please see the above PDF