Jan. 27, 2005
Up until the opening day of the season, Florida State Sports Information intern Darren will sit down with one of the Seminole softball players each week and get to know them a little closer by asking 10 random questions. We like to call it the hot seat, because let’s be honest, who can prepare for half of the questions Darren manages to ask? Leading off this week is pitcher Tiffany McDonald…
1. What’s the biggest difference between High School and College Softball? It’s more demanding, in fact, way more demanding. Also, it’s a lot more disciplined.
2. What’s your biggest challenge as a freshman on this team?
Well for me personally, probably trying to pitch, trying to stay focused with making my injury better and just staying positive. It’s hard when you have an injury.
“That’s embarrassing; I don’t know…”
3. Why did you choose FSU?
Well obviously they’re ranked, I think we’re ranked No.11 right now, and last year they were phenomenal. When I came on my visit, the girls were a big part of that, plus the sunshine, and they have a good education system. I want to be a teacher so that was real important to me.
4. If you were an ice cream flavor, which flavor would you be and why?
Oh my gosh…It’d have to be Neapolitan because it’s each flavor.
5. What’s your all time favorite movie?
That’s a hard one…this might be kind of corny but A League of Their Own would have to be one of my favorites.
6. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
(Laughs) How do you answer that!!!? I don’t know.
7. Favorite musical group?
Third Day, they’re a Christian band.
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Super strength, so I can pick up cars or throw faster…that’d be nice.
9. How much can you bench?
That’s embarrassing; I don’t know… a hundred (laughs).
10. When you’re at the movies and you have to walk by people in the isle, do you pass them with your backside or your front side to their face?