Feb. 23, 2005
Throughout the season, Florida State Sports Information intern Darren Sbraga will sit down with one of the Seminole softball players each week and get to know them a little closer by asking 10 random questions. We like to call it the Hot Seat, because let’s be honest, who can prepare for half of the questions Darren manages to ask? Next up is junior utility infielder, Kim Hoffer
1. Do you have any pre-game rituals that you do before every game?
Every day before the game I have my meal from either Bagel Bagel or California Chicken Grill. Then there are two certain songs I listen to, followed by quiet time.
2. Do you ever get nervous in critical situations during a game?
No not really, I think we pretty much go through pressure during
…”it’s a Christian song because I’m a Christian woman.”
practice that prepares us for the game. Then when its game time, the nerves are all gone and you just play.
3. What was your favorite bedtime story when you were little?
I can’t honestly say I had a favorite, at least I cant remember… lets say Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. (laughs)
4. Why did Jack and Jill go to fetch a pale of water?
They were thirsty.
5. Easter is approaching, what is your favorite Easter candy?
6. What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is probably spiders.
7. Be honest, did you ever dance the Macarena?
Oh, Yes!!! (Editor’s Note: At this point in the interview, Kim proceeded to doing the Macarena a couple times).
8. What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
9. Is your batting song of any significant importance to you?
Yes, it’s a Christian song because I’m a Christian woman.
10. What’s on your nightstand right now?
Alarm clock, lamp, coaster, and a stone with an engraved Bible verse.