Oct. 18, 2010
By Zach Mendelson, Seminoles.com
1. Being from Belgium, what made you decide to come half way across the world to play at Florida State?
Mark Krikorian explained me on the phone what made the Florida State soccer such a good program, and I thought, “Wow I want to be part of that!” When I arrived here, my mouth fell open of how nice the facilities are and how professional the environment is. I thought I was in a wonderful dream! Also the soccer level here is higher than in the Belgian competition. Every day I learn more and more about being a complete soccer player.
2. This is your first season playing for Florida State, what are you expectations for yourself and the team this season?
I will play at the best of my abilities, and I want to play in a way that makes us better as a team. I hope of course that we can make it far in the NCAA tournament.
3. What was it like playing for the Pali Blues in the W-League this summer?
It was a good experience. I was part of a good team with a lot of different nationalities. My coaches Charlie and Shy helped me to improve during the summer and to be physically and mentally ready for the college season. Unfortunately we didn’t make it to the final four this summer.
4. What is your favorite home cooked meal?
Whatever my mom cooks! If I had to pick one it would be a casserole containing: ground beef, potatoes, some vegetables, and a delicious sauce.
5. If you could be any character from the TV Show Lost, who would you be and why?
I would be Kate. She is adventurous, cares about other people, and best of all she dates Jack
6. Do you have any pregame rituals or superstitions?
I always tie my left shoelace first and then my right one.
7. What was it like playing for Belgium National Team?
It is honor to play for the national team. Wearing the jersey and representing my country is an amazing feeling. We have a good team and I am sure if we can train more together we will continue to get better!
8. What do you like to do for fun?
I like to hang out with friends and laugh a lot.
9. Do you enjoy any sports outside of soccer?
I like to play basketball, tennis, and I like to surf.
10. Who is your favorite athlete and professional soccer team?
Diego Forlan is an awesome soccer player. For me, he was by far the best player at the past World Cup in South Africa. My favorite team is Tottenham Hotspurs in the Premier League.
11. Any fun hobbies or any neat facts about yourself?
When I cook, I have to put everything back in order or clean everything before I can enjoy eating my food.
12. What is the most memorable moment of your soccer career?
I would say the whole soccer season of 2007-2008. I won the championship and the Belgian Cup in the same year with my Belgian club team KVK Tienen. Because of this good season we played in the European Women’s League in Macedonia.
13. If you could be remembered for one thing during your time here at Florida State, what would it be and why?
For my hard work.
14. Your major is international affairs. Do you plan to work in that field after college?
I am not sure what I am going to do. I still have to complete my college degree in Belgium (masters in Exercise Science). With that degree I could be a personal trainer, which interests me the most to be my future work field