Nov. 29, 2007
#21/22 Florida State at Indiana
Friday, November 30 l 7 pm
Assembly Hall (17,375) l Bloomington, Ind.
Radio: 100.7 FM l TV: Big Ten Network
FSU Radio: Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
Radio & Gametracker Links
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- Winners of its last two games, the #21/22 Florida State women’s basketball team continues its four-game road swing this week when it travels to Indiana.
- The trip to Indiana for the Inaugural Women’s Big Ten/ACC Challenge will be FSU’s first into Big Ten country since the 2001-02 season when the Seminoles defeated the Hoosiers, 62-61. FSU is 2-0 against the Big Ten under Sue Semrau – both against Indiana – and 4-6 overall.
- Florida State junior Mara Freshour (Nashville, Ind.), who scored a career-high 25 points against Fordham last week, grew up 20 miles from Bloomington.
- The Seminoles won just their second game in Gainesville since 1990-91 with the 81-78 decision over the Gators on Friday. Guard Tanae Davis-Cain (Dawson, Ga.) scored a career-high 27 points.
- Head coach Sue Semrau, along with assistant coach Angie Johnson, spent three seasons as an assistant in the Big Ten at Wisconsin. During that time, the Badgers went 2-4 against Indiana.
FSU Tips Off Inaugural Big Ten/ACC Challenger At Indiana
Given the strength of teams in both conferences, it was only a matter of time before the women’s teams had a Big Ten/ACC Challenge. The first three games are in the books with the ACC holding a 2-1 advantage and the league looking to continue the dominance the men have had. The No. 21/22 Florida State women’s basketball will try to get one for the conference on Friday (Nov. 30) when it travels to Bloomington, Ind., to take on Indiana. The game can be heard live on the radio at 100.7 FM and Seminoles.com and will be broadcast by the Big Ten Network, which is channel 220 on DirecTV and channel 439 on Dish Network.
Complete Release in PDF Format