Aug. 19, 2010
PULLMAN, Wash. –
Sixth-ranked Florida State begins this season with two road tests this weekend as the Seminoles travel across the country to Pullman, Washington to play 21st ranked Washington State on Friday (August 20) and Gonzaga on Sunday (August 22).
Friday’s match marks just the second meeting between Florida State and Washington State as the Seminoles won the first matchup last year downing the Cougars 4-1 in Tallahassee.
On Sunday, Florida State and Gonzaga will square off for the first time.
Game Previews Friday, August 20, 2010 - 6:00 p.m. Series Record: FSU 1-0 GameTracker: Seminoles.com
* Friday marks the season opener for both schools and marks the second match ever between the two schools.
* FSU won last year’s matchup 4-1 during a September 6th matchup in Tallahassee.
* FSU is 11-3-1 all-time against schools from the Pac-10 having faced Arizona State (2-0), California (3-0), UCLA (0-1), Oregon (2-0), Oregon State (1-0-1), Southern Cal (2-2) and Washington State (1-0). Under Krikorian, FSU is 6-1-0 with victories over Arizona State, Cal, Southern Cal and Washington State.
* FSU is 17-5-1 all-time, including eleven straight victories in the month of August.
* FSU is 11-3-1 all-time against schools from the PAC-10 conference.
*The Seminoles are a perfect 9-0-0 in August under head coach Mark Krikorian.
*FSU has outscored the opposition 64-26 all-time in August while posting nine shutouts.
Game Previews Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 2:00 p.m. Series Record: First Meeting GameTracker: Seminoles.com
* This marks the first match ever between the two schools
* FSU is 1-3 all-time against schools from the West Coast Conference.
* FSU is 13-2 all-time in their second game of the season
For Complete Notes please see the above PDF