TJ Yates and Robert Quinn are the representatives for the Tar Heels at ACC Kickoff. Here's what they had to say.
- The mood on campus for UNC is that they're excited to get back to training camp, trying to focus on football
- TJ Yates says it's tough not to know what is going to happen, and that the distractions are there to lead them away from football, and that they can't let that happen
- Robert Quinn knows they have a big season coming up and have to stay focused on it
- Yates believes that last season's struggles are motivation for this season, because the defense got them out of jams, but the offense should play a much larger role for next season.
- Yates has taken a lot of heat because of his erratic play, but knows it comes with the quarterback position
- The big game against LSU to start the season is a great test for the Tar Heels, and Robert Quinn is very excited for the challenge
- It's a special opportunity for Yates to play in the Georgia Dome, because he's from Atlanta
- He's never gotten the chance to play there, and believes that LSU is very similar to UNC's defense
- Robert Quinn is excited to play Clemson, since he's from the state of South Carolina
- Quinn says he's handling the agent controversy as best he can
- Yates was also asked about Dean Smith and his meaning to UNC, and both players noted how important he was to the school
That's all for the Tar Heels today, and NC State is up next...