TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida’s State’s No. 1 pair of Julie Brown and Jace Pardon went undefeated last week defeating three top-10 ranked teams to earn Coastal Collegiate Sports Association Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week, announced by the league office on Tuesday. The top pair competed at the Stetson Beach Invitational last weekend and opened the tournament with a straight-set victory over No. 10 FIU. Brown and Pardon won 21-13 and 21-19.
Later in the afternoon of the opening day, the duo defeated UCLA sisters Megan and Nicole McNamara in three sets to help secure FSU’s win over the No. 4-ranked Bruins.
The duo capped off the weekend at the Stetson Beach Invitational with a three-set win over No. 5 Hawaii. They defeated Lara Schreiber and Nikki Taylor 21-17, 20-22 and 15-9 in the final set. That was the only point the Seminoles picked up in their match against No. 5-ranked Hawaii.
The No. 3-ranked Seminoles are back in action this weekend, Saturday, April 2, when they head to Baton Rouge, La. to take on fellow CCSA member LSU and Grand Canyon.
CCSA Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week – Mar. 29th
Julie Brown & Jace Pardon, Florida State
Senior | Oviedo, Fla. / Senior | Manhattan Beach, Calif.
– First Career CCSA Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week Honor
– Duo recorded perfect 3-0 weekend for Seminoles at Stetson Beach Invite
– Opened the weekend with a straight-set win over No. 10-ranked FIU
– Picked up three-set victory over No. 4 UCLA to close out day one of tournament
– Closed out Stetson Beach Invite with three-set win over No. 5 Hawaii
– The duo is now 12-2 on the season, playing all matches at No. 1 flight for FSU
Other Nominees: Sara Rishell/Chelsi Carter, UAB; Milani Pickering/Delaney Rohan, Georgia State; Julia Mannisto/Shannon Williams, South Carolina.
Match Results for Jace Pardon/Julie Brown
Julie Brown/Jace Pardon, FSU d. Anabela Sataric/Aren Cupp, FIU – 21-13, 21-19
Julie Brown/Jace Pardon, FSU d. Megan McNamara/Nicole McNamara, UCLA – 21-14, 17-21, 15-12
Julie Brown/Jace Pardon, FSU d. Lara Schreiber/Nikki Taylor, Hawaii – 21-17, 20-22, 15-9