Nov. 14, 2010
|Monday, November 15th – 7:00 p.m. EST|
|Auburn Arena | Auburn, AL|
|Tickets – Available | Seating Chart|
|TV: None | Radio: 100.7 WFLA FM – Tallahassee|
Min / Game
Pts. / Game
Ast. / Game
Reb. / Game
|Head to Head|
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Seminoles.com) – The 14th-ranked Florida State women’s basketball team will experience its first true test of the young 2010-11 season Monday at 7 p.m. ET as the Seminoles will play at Auburn.
The contest between the two 1-0 teams will be the second ballgame played at the brand new Auburn Arena.
FSU is coming off a 50-point opening-game victory over Alabama State this past Friday night at home. In that game, true freshman Natasha Howard showed why she is the most touted Seminoles’ prospect in program history.
The Toledo, Ohio native shot 80 percent from the field and finished the contest against the Hornets with a game-high 20 points.
After the game against the Tigers, FSU returns home to play Colorado State on Thursday night at 7 p.m.
• Like FSU, the Tigers are also coming off a season-opener win as they defeated Mercer, 79-61.
• The Seminoles are now 18-21 all-time against teams from Alabama after defeating the Alabama State Hornets on opening night. Florida State is 2-9 all-time against Auburn.
• Junior forward Cierra Bravard is coming off a great game as she posted the most rebounds of her career in the win over the Hornets with 17. Her previous career high was 12.
• Monday’s game against Auburn is the first of several for Florida State against SEC schools this season. FSU will also play Vanderbilt at home, Alabama in the Bahamas and then finally Florida back at home.
• The Seminoles got great perfection from their top-flight recruiting class in the season opener. Rookies Natasha Howard, Tay’ler Mingo and Olivia Bresnahan combined for 30 points, 12 rebounds and seven steals in the win.
• Florida State will be looking to bounce back at the free-throw line. Against Alabama State, FSU shot just 48.4 percent from the charity stripe.