Oct. 2, 2007
1. At what age did you start playing volleyball? Who introduced you to the game?
#7 Ashlee Moon: “I started playing when I was eight; my mother took me to a volleyball camp at the high school where
#12 Jordana Price: “I first started playing volleyball in the 7th grade, so I was probably 12 or 13. My friends played
volleyball so I tried out for the team.”
2. What is your fondest moment so far playing volleyball at Florida State?
AM: “Beating Miami at home was a big win for the team.”
JP: “Probably during team building exercises over the summer. On one of the challenges I was able to reach the bell after jumping off of a log.”
3. What is the biggest difference living in Florida as opposed to the West Coast?
AM: “The weather and the bugs, I cannot stand the humidity here. I want my weather from home.”
JP: “The humidity, we don’t really have that on the west coast.”
4. What is it like playing against ACC competition?
AM: “Every team that we play has really fierce competitors. Every game we go out to play we know that we need to bring our “A” game to win.”
JP: “It’s been fun so far, it’s great competition. I’ve seen the competition in the Pac-10, which is pretty similar, and our team keeps getting better.”
5. How do you prepare yourself for a match? Do you have any superstitions?
AM: “I always listen to country music; I’m a really big country music fan. While the rest of the team is playing music out loud, I listen to my iPod with country music, everyone makes fun of me for that.”
JP: “I look over the scouting report, listen to music, getting focused and we all do a little dancing before the game.”
6. Who would you say is the goofiest girl on the team?
AM: “I would go with Nikki Baker or Summer Weissing because you never really know what is going to come out of their mouth!”
JP: “Summer Weissing for sure. She’s just nuts; I don’t even know how to explain it. Everything she does is just crazy.”
7. What are your goals for yourself and the team for the remainder of the season?
AM: “For the team, we want to win the ACC Championship. We need to get our team unity back and get on the right track.”
JP: “My goal is to accomplish the goals that the coaches set for each game and I want to continue to get better and not be so
one-dimensional. I want the team to win the ACC Championship and make the NCAA Tournament.”
8. What position do you play and what are your responsibilities on the court?
AM: “I’m a defensive specialist and my responsibilities are to serve, pass, play defense, keep the ball off the ground, and bring a lot of energy to the court.”
JP: “I’m a middle blocker and my responsibilities are to do everything. I need to block the hitters on the other team and make sure that I’m available to hit.”
9. How hard is it to manage your time between school and volleyball?
AM: “Definitely makes for long days, you’ve just got to do what you’ve got to do and stay aware.”
JP: “It’s extremely hard, especially since my major is biology and I have a lot of hard classes. I just make sure to see tutors, I micro-manage my time and try not to get too stressed out.”
10. If you could play volleyball anywhere in the world, where would you like to play?
AM: “I really would like to play volleyball in Australia.”
JP: “I have heard great things about Italy, so I wouldn’t mind playing volleyball there.”