Dec. 1, 2007
#21/22 Florida State at Oakland
Sunday, December 2 l 4 pm
Athletics Center O’Rena (4,000) l Rochester, Mich.
Radio: 100.7 FM
FSU Radio: Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
Click Here For Radio Broadcast
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- Riding a four-game winning streak, the No. 21/22 Florida State women’s basketball team plays its third road game in a row when it travels to Oakland for a 4 p.m. tip-off on Sunday (December 2).
- The Seminoles helped the conference win the Inaugural Women’s Big Ten/ACC Challenge by defeating Indiana 85-78 on Friday. Five players scored in double figures for Florida State.
- Florida State junior Mara Freshour (Nashville, Ind.), who grew up 20 miles from Bloomington, scored 21 points in her homecoming and set the school free throw percentage record by going 9-for-11 at the line.
- Freshman Antionette Howard (Snellville, Ga.) recorded her first collegiate double-double by scoring 12 points and grabbing 10 rebounds off the bench.
- Oakland assistant coach Jenny Roulier was a graduate assistant for three years at FSU during the Seminoles trio of NCAA Tournament appearances.
Road Trip For FSU Women’s Basketball Continues At Oakland
Playing in its fourth-different state in eight games, the No. 21/22 Florida State women’s basketball continues its four-game road trip on Sunday (December 2) at Oakland. The Seminoles (6-1) have won their last four games in a row, with three of the four coming away from Tallahassee. The Grizzles (3-2) have lost two of their last three, but both have been to ranked teams. Sunday’s game can be heard live on 100.7 FM and Seminoles.com.
Complete Release in PDF Format