Oct. 9, 2008
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – After spending the last four weeks on the road, the Seminole volleyball team happily returns home to Tully Gym to host ACC opponents Maryland (1-4 ACC) and Boston College (0-5 ACC) this weekend. Florida State enters Friday’s Sun Sports televised match with the Terrapins 9-6 overall and 1-4 in the conference after dropping its last three matches to Duke, Georgia Tech and Clemson.
Friday’s match also kicks-off the `Paint it Pink’ campaign benefitting the Susan G. Komen for the Cure of North Florida. Fans are encouraged to donate at all home matches in the month of October and could receive prizes including t-shirts and Florida State football tickets.
Florida State (9-6, 1-4 ACC) vs. Maryland (5-12, 1-4 ACC)
Friday, October 10 at 7:00 pm
Series Record: Maryland leads, 22-14
– The Seminoles are 7-9 against the Terrapins when playing in Tully Gym.
– Florida State split the series last season with Maryland – losing 1-3 in College Park and winning 3-2 in Tallahassee.
– Coming into Friday, the Terps’ hitting percentage is .132 compared to the Noles’ .228.
Florida State (9-6, 1-4 ACC) vs. Boston College (6-11, 0-5 ACC)
Sunday, October 12 at 1:00 pm
Series Record: Florida State leads, 6-1
– The Seminoles are undefeated (4-0) against the Eagles when playing in Tully Gym.
– FSU also split the series with BC last year – dropping 2-3 on the road and sweeping the Eagles 3-0 at home.
– The Eagles come into the weekend struggling with a .187 team attack percentage and trail the Seminoles with just 83 blocks.