Oct. 22, 2007
Tallahassee, Fla. –For the second time this season the Florida State volleyball team will take on Miami on Tuesday, Oct. 22 in Coral Gables, Fla. The match is the third road game in five days for the Seminoles, who swept the Hurricanes 3-0 at home in Tallahassee on September 14. Catch the action live on Sun Sports and ACC Select at 7:00 p.m.
vs. Ranked Teams—0-3
Florida State is on a two-match winning streak on the road after taking down North Carolina on Oct. 19 and NC State on Oct. 20.
The last time the Seminoles beat both UNC and NC State on the road was in 2004 – FSU swept the home series as well.
Florida State has not won three straight road matches since 2001 under head coach Cecile Reynaud – The Seminoles beat Virginia, Maryland and Jacksonville within a five day period.
If FSU beats Miami on Tuesday, it will be the first time in program history the Seminoles win three consecutive ACC road matches.
Florida State leads the all-time series against Miami 15-12. Since Miami joined the ACC in 2004, the Hurricanes have won four out of six meetings with the Seminoles.
Junior outside hitter Mira Djuric remains ranked third in the NCAA with 58 service aces this season (0.82 per game).
Florida State in the ACC (as of Oct. 22):
1. Mira Djuric (Jr.) with 58 total, 0.82 per game average
5. Mira Djuric with 281, 3.96 avg/g
4. Mira Djuric with 360, 5.07 avg/g
5. Brianna Barry (So.) with .334 on 196 kills, 66 errors and 389 total attempts
10. Summer Weisssing (Sr.) with 279 total, 3.93 per game average
Team Hitting Percentage
3. FSU – .222 on 1035 kills, 459 errors and 2600 attempts
2. FSU – 154 total, 2.17 average per game
5. FSU – 1035 total, 14.58 average/g
7. FSU – 934 total, 13.15 avg/g
12. FSU – 25 solo, 208 assisted, 129 total and 1.82 avg/g
12. FSU – 892 total, 12.56 avg/g