Dec. 14, 2007
Florida State vs. Alabma State
Sunday, December 16 l 2 pm
Donald L. Tucker Center (12,100) l Tallahassee, Fla.
Radio: 100.7 FM l ACC Select
FSU Radio: Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
Radio Broadcast and Gametrack Links
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- Coming off a four-game road trip, the Florida State women’s basketball team took the week off from competition for fall semester final exams. The Seminoles are back in action on Sunday, December 16, at 2 p.m. against Alabama State.
- Fans can get into Sunday’s game for free if they bring one new unwrapped toy to the game as part of Florida State’s Toys for Tots drive.
- On Sunday the Seminoles will try to snap a two-game losing streak after a 67-18 defeat at No. 11 Texas A&M. Florida State has not lost three games in a row since the 2003-04 campaign – the last before FSU’s run of three-straight NCAA tournament appearances – when it lost four consecutive games.
- Guard Shante Williams (Jacksonville, Fla.) scored a season-high 19 points at Texas A&M, including 8-of-9 from the free throw line.
- After missing four games with a sprained ankle, center Britany Miller (Tallapoosa, Ga.) scored a season-high 14 points, grabbed six rebounds and tied a career-high with five blocks against the Aggies.
Seminole Women’s Basketball Returns Home To Face Alabama State
It’s been nearly a month since the Florida State women’s basketball team stepped foot on the Donald L. Tucker Center, but the Seminoles are back at home. Florida State will play five of its next eight games at home – after only playing two of its first nine there – when it comes off a 10-day layoff against Alabama State. The Seminoles and Hornets will tip off at 2 p.m. Sunday (December 16). The game can be heard on 100.7 FM and Seminoles.com and can be seen on ACC Select.
Complete Release in PDF Format