Jan. 10, 2008
FSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
Florida State at No. 12/13 Duke
Friday, January 11 * 7 pm
Cameron Indoor Stadium (9,314) * Durham, N.C.
Radio: 1270 AM * Fox Sports Net Florida
FSU Radio: Ryan Pensy (PBP) * Melissa Bruner (Color)
FSN: Beth Mowins (PBP) * Charlene Curtis (Color)
FSU Radio Link & Duke Live Stats
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- After winning its Atlantic Coast Conference opener, 67-63 over Virginia Tech on Sunday, the Florida State women’s basketball team takes to the road for the first time in conference play. FSU plays No. 12 Duke at 7 p.m. on Friday.
- Guard Shante Williams (Jacksonville, Fla.) became the school’s all-time leader in assists on Sunday as her six assists moved her past Jen Robinson for the career mark. Williams new record currently stands at 391.
- Sophomore Alysha Harvin (Dania, Fla.) set a career high as she was one of three Seminoles in double figures against Virginia Tech with 16 points.
- Starting with the UAB game on December 20, the Seminoles are only allowing 60.7 points per game with opponents shooting 38.2 percent.
- Florida State has made dramatic improvement in its free throw shooting over the last six games. The Seminoles are shooting 76.5 percent during that time and have shot no lower than 72.7 percent in a game.
Seminoles Take First ACC Road Trip Of The Year To Duke
After back-to-back home games for the first time all season, it seems like forever since the Florida State women’s basketball team has played a game away from Tallahassee. The Seminoles will get back on the road on Friday (January 11) when they play their first Atlantic Coast Conference away game of the season. Florida State tips off against No. 12/13 Duke at 7 p.m. The game can be heard on 1270 AM and Seminoles.com. It will be televised live on Fox Sports Net Florida, which is channel 29 on Tallahassee Comcast cable, channel 634 on DirecTV and channel 423 on Dish Network.
Complete Release in PDF Format