Jan. 21, 2010
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Chasity Clayton scored 17 points and No. 15 Florida State beat Harvard 96-52 on Thursday night.
Courtney Ward and Alexa Deluzio hit back-to-back 3-pointers to key a 14-0 run that helped FSU pull away late in the first half. The Seminoles (17-3, 3-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) led by as much as 47 in the game, smothering the Crimson (9-6, 0-1 Ivy League) on defense.
FSU held Harvard to a season-low 21.8 percent shooting, the fifth time in seven games the Seminoles held their opponent under 35 percent. Florida State blocked seven shots, led by Jacinta Monroe’s four, and outrebounded Harvard 55-34.
Deluzio added 14 points for the Seminoles and Alysha Harvin had 13.
Elle Hagadorn led Harvard with 11 points.
– FSU shot a season-high 57.6 percent from the field and held Harvard to the lowest mark given up by the Seminoles this year at 21.8 percent.
– There were 6 Seminoles in double-figures (Clayton-17, Harvin-13, Deluzio-12, Bravard-10, Monroe-10, Ward-10) for the first time this season.
– Three different players recorded double-doubles for the first time in 2009-10 – Clayton – 17pts, 10reb; Monroe – 10pts, 11reb; Ward – 10pts, 10asts.
– The 44-point win was the sixth win of 25 or more points this season.
– Courtney Ward moved into a tie for fourth place in the FSU career assist list with 10 on the night and now has 382 for her career. Ward needs just seven more to take second place.
– Chasity Clayton’s 17 points were a career high and her 10 rebounds matched a career high.
– Jacinta Monroe’s double-double was the 18th of her career and second of the season.