Oct. 2, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – No. 5 Florida State (9-1-0, 2-0-0 ACC) hosts intra-state rival Miami (6-5-0, 1-1-0 ACC) this Sunday, October 4 at 1:00 p.m. The game not only features a key conference match-up, but will mark the second year in a row the Seminoles are `Painting It Pink’ for Breast Cancer Awareness.
|#5 Florida State (9-1-0) (2-0-0 ACC)|
|Stats | Game Notes | Media Guide|
|Miami (6-5-0) (1-1-0 ACC)|
|Roster | Schedule | Stats|
October 2, 2009: 1:00 PM ET | Tallahassee, FL
|Facility:||Seminole Soccer Complex | Driving Directions|
|Interactive: || Twitter | Facebook|
|Live Stats:||Gametracker – Sunday|
|Live Video:||Watch Live – Florida State vs. Miami|
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and the Seminole Soccer team is doing their part to raise awareness by holding a `Pink’ game to raise money to support the cause. The Seminoles will wear special pink Nike jerseys during Sunday’s game against the Hurricanes.
Fans are encouraged to come out and support the cause as 75 percent of the proceeds will stay right in Tallahassee to benefit the Tallahassee Memorial Sharon Ewing Walker Breast Cancer Health Center, while 25 percent of the funds will go the Kay Yow Foundation.
Donations will be accepted at the gate, while fans can go online at Seminoles.com to bid on the pink jerseys that will be worn during Sunday’s game against Miami. The auction runs through 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 8. Those fans giving over a $10 donation will receive a t-shirt courtesy of the Tallahassee Memorial Sharon Ewing Walker Breast Health Center, T-Formation and FOX 49 WTLH. A limited number of pink pom-poms will also be provided to fans courtesy of FOX 49 WTLH.
Bid now on the Pink Jerseys click here
The Seminoles enter Sunday’s match on a four-game winning streak as all four wins have come against ranked opponents. With wins last week over No. 9 Maryland and No. 3 Boston College, FSU opened ACC play at 2-0-0 for just the second time in school history and first since 2001.
Florida State has won nine straight over Miami and are a perfect 5-0-0 since the Hurricanes joined the ACC in 2004.
Sunday, October, 4 – 1:00 p.m.
#5 Florida State (9-1-0, 2-0-0 ACC) vs. Miami (6-5-0, 1-1-0 ACC)
* Sunday’s match marks the 12th meeting between the Seminoles and Hurricanes as these two teams have never faced each other more than once in the 14 previous seasons of Seminole Soccer.
* Florida State has won nine straight over Miami after the Hurricanes took the first two games of the series which began in 1998. The Seminoles are a perfect 5-0 since Miami joined the ACC in 2004 outscoring the Hurricanes 12-2.
* During the current nine-game winning streak, FSU has outscored UM 27-6. The Seminoles have not allowed more than one goal to the Hurricanes since 2000 while posting shutouts in three of the last five games.
* The Seminoles welcome the `Canes to Tallahassee for the sixth time in the series and for the first time since back-to-back meetings in 2006 and 2007. FSU has won four straight on its home turf as Miami’s only win in Tallahassee came in 1999, a 3-0 victory.
* Twice has a game been decided by just one goal – both won by FSU. The Seminoles have posted three shutouts (2004, 06, 08) in the series to just one by the Hurricanes (1999).
For Complete Notes please see the above PDF