PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All athletic training/sports medicine students must complete the following steps in order to be eligible for admission into the didactic,clinical, and field components of the program:
1. Cumulative 2.5 GPA
2. Satisfactory “S” grade in PET 1638 Introduction to Clinical Athletic Training. This course includes five (5) laboratory sessions and 40 clock hours (documented)of athletic training clinical observation within a designated five week period (Fall and Spring semesters). During the clinical observation period, students will be graded on selected competencies and proficiencies.
3. Completed athletic training/sports medicine application at the end of Fall or Spring semester (by specific announced deadline).
4. Interviews with the Athletic Training/Sports Medicine Admission Committee will be based on individual applications/portfolios.
5. Based upon the above steps 1-4, athletic training/sports medicine students will be formally admitted at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters.
6. All admitted athletic training/sports medicine students must complete program Technical Standards (see Policies and Procedures on website).
7. All junior college/transfer students must complete the same didactic, clinical, and field experiences as resident students. Completion of clinical courses
requires a minimum of six (6) semesters. Due to CAAHEP accreditation standards, all athletic training/sports medicine core courses required for the major must be taken here at The Florida State University.
8. Athletic training/sports medicine students who are admitted at the end of the Fall semester must complete PET 4623 Athletic Training II in their first summer semester following formal admission in order to maintain clinical course sequencing.
9. All students can
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
Unique FSU Athletic Training Experiences For Student Athletic Trainers
Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic
Tallahassee Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy
Tallahassee Orthopedic Outpatient Surgery Center
Leon County High Schools
Tallahassee Community College
Fitness Etc. / Wellness Center
Local Professional Teams
Thagard Student Health Center
Post Graduate Opportunities
Clinical – Outreach
University / College
Industrial / Corporate
Wellness / Fitness centers
Other Allied Health Occupations