Freshman Season (2016-17):
- Participated in four tournaments, producing a 74.18 shooting average and +3 vs. par.
- Tied for 18th at the Southern Intercollegiate, shooting even-par (73-71) on March 13, 2017.
- Shot 1-over (71-69-77) at the Seminole Intercollegiate, tying for 34th.
- Lowest round of the year included a 3-under 69 in the second round of the Seminole Intercollegiate.
Before Florida State:
- Joins new teammate Harry Ellis as FSU’s two natives of England.
- Won the 2015 Daily Telegraph Junior Championship after shooting a 5-under 211.
- Showed resilience down the stretch of that tournament to win by one stroke.
- Also competed multiple times on the England U18 Team in both the European Championships and the International Tournament.
- Consistently shows excellent ball-striking abilities.
All About Me:
- Parents: Ray and Maria Li.
- Major: Sport Management.
- How did you first start getting into golf? I started when my dad would hit balls in our garden.
- What would you say is your greatest golf moment so far? Being able to play the Pro-Am at Wentworth PGA.
- Who is your favorite professional golfer? Rory McIlroy because of his swing.
- My favorite club in my bag is: 46 degree wedge because I like hitting lots of different types of shots with it.
- I chose to play for Florida State Men’s Golf because: To represent a great school and program, and to play with great players every day.
- What is something many people don’t know about you? I have a strong interest in fashion.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Stick to the process.
- What music are you currently listening to? Bladee.
- What shows are you currently watching? Sailor Moon.
- What’s your favorite movie? Zero Dark Thirty.
- Outside of golf, what are some of your passions in life? Watching and playing soccer.
- What is the single greatest lesson golf has taught you? Never give up on anything.
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Travel the world.
- Play in the Master’s.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to overcome in your life? Moving to the U.S. from England.
- What makes Florida State University a great place? The entire network of people.
Jamie Li By The Numbers:
- Round: 69 (Seminole Intercollegiate, Spring 2017).
- Tournament: 217 (Seminole Intercollegiate, Spring 2017).
- Best Finish: T18 (Southern Intercollegiate, Spring 2017).