Back to Roster page
Scotch Plains, N.J.
Before Florida State:
- Ranked seventh in the 2017 signing class and 15th among all junior golfers according to Golfweek.
- Named a Rolex Junior First Team All-American by the American Junior Golf Association, earning recognition as one of the world’s best junior golfers.
- Top 100 WAGR ranking.
- Second-place finish at the Terra Cotta Invitational on May 7, 2017 (73-72-71).
- Finished fifth at the 2017 Polo Golf Junior Classic.
- His 2015-16 season includes a second-place finish at the Rolex Tournament of Champions in Greensboro, Ga., carding a 1-under 279.
- Has earned Top 10 finishes in other national events as well, tying for third at the 2016 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship and tying for seventh at the 2016 CB&I / Simplify Boys Championship.
- Competed at one of junior golf’s most prestigious tournaments in the Junior Invitational at Sage Valley Golf Club in Graniteville, S.C.
- Tied for fifth at the 2015 Polo Golf Junior Classic.
- Named a Rolex Junior Honorable Mention All-American in 2015.
All About Me:
- Parents: Kwang and Michelle Pak.
- Major: Exploratory.
- How did you first start getting into golf? My brother played in high school and I tagged along.
- What would you say is your greatest golf moment so far? Shooting 63 at the Western Amateur.
- Who is your favorite professional golfer? Jason Day because he was very influential.
- My favorite club in my bag is: 8 Iron. I use it on all of my drills.
- I chose to play for Florida State Men’s Golf because: I believe I can get better here.
- What is something many people don’t know about you? I was homeschooled my last three years of high school.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? No pain, no gain.
- What music are you currently listening to? Pop.
- What shows are you currently watching? Blacklist.
- What’s your favorite movie? Dead Pool.
- What is the single greatest lesson golf has taught you? Getting mad doesn’t get you anywhere.
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Play in the Majors.
- Play Pine Valley.
- If you could be any superhero, which one would you be? Batman because he is a genius and is super rich.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to overcome in your life? Moving to Orlando away from my family.
- What makes Florida State University a great place? The support you get is incredible.