• ACC Academic Honor Roll (2017 & 2018).
Redshirt Sophomore Season (2017-18):
- Recorded two Top-10 finishes while shooting 74.52 in the 2017-18 year.
- Tied for third in the season opener at The Doc Gimmler, shooting a 4-under 206.
- Carded a 4-under 66 in the opening round of The Doc Gimmler on Sept. 9.
- Tied for sixth at the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate, shooting a 4-under 212.
- Played 21 rounds in 2017-18, tying for the fifth-most on the team.
- Ranked third on the team in par 3 scoring (3.17).
Redshirt Freshman Season (2016-17):
- Played in 29 rounds and 10 tournaments, producing a stroke average of 73.76 and shooting +2.69 vs. par.
- Eight of his 29 rounds played were at par or less, while three of his rounds were shot in the 60s.
- Had two Top-10 finishes, placing seventh at the year-opening Rod Myers Invitational (-3) and tying for eighth at the Seminole Intercollegiate (-8).
- His best round of the year was a 4-under 68 in the second round of the Rod Myers Invitational held at Duke University Golf Club on Sept. 10, 2016.
Freshman Season (2015-16):
Did not compete in first year.
Before Florida State:
- Three-time regional champion from his freshman to junior seasons.
- Earned an individual state championship as a freshman while also being named all-state and all-county.
- Has three Top 10 finishes in amateur tournaments, highlighted by a fifth-place finish at the Carolinas/Georgia Junior where he shot a two-day score of 146 (68-78) in 2013.
All About Me:
- Born: September 20, 1996.
- Parents: Karen and Stephen Keppler (father was an All-American golfer at FSU in 1982).
- Major: Exploratory.
- How did you first start getting into golf? My dad introduced me to the game.
- What would you say is your greatest golf moment so far? Playing for FSU last year.
- Who is your favorite professional golfer? Tiger Woods. He would make any tournament interesting and out-worked everyone.
- My favorite club in my bag is: Wedges. They are your scoring clubs.
- I chose to play for Florida State Men’s Golf because: It has been a lifelong dream of mine.
- What is something many people don’t know about you? I love Crystal Palace F.C.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Not everything will go your way. It’s the way you react to everything thrown at you.
- What music are you currently listening to? Country.
- What shows are you currently watching? Prison Break.
- What’s your favorite movie? Remember the Titans.
- Outside of golf, what are some of your passions in life? Hanging with friends and fishing.
- What is the single greatest lesson golf has taught you? Things could be worse in life. I am playing golf.
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Play Augusta National.
- Travel Europe.
- Meet Tiger Woods.
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? Flash. So I could run fast and go anywhere.
- What makes Florida State University a great place? Everyone is family here.
Jonathan Keppler By The Numbers:
• Round: 68 (Rod Myers Invitational; Fall 2016).
• Tournament: 208 (Seminole Intercollegiate; Spring 2017)
• Best Finish: 7 (Rod Myers Invitational; Fall 2016).