Newton North High
At Newton North High School:
- Talented play-maker who showed off strong leadership, great floor vision and good long-range scoring at the prep level.
- Becomes the second Massachusetts native to suit up for Florida State, joining former guard Michelle Frank (1993-94) of Sandwich, Mass.
- One of four Massachusetts natives named as a McDonald’s All-American Game nominee.
- Rated 19th among point guards in the 2017 class by ESPNW Hoopgurlz, earning strong reviews for her ability to excel in the up-tempo game.
- Poured in 1,023 points in three seasons at Newton North.
- Averaged 20.7 points per game while leading Newton North to the Division I State Tournament as a junior in 2015-16.
- Recorded 20 points per game as a senior while being named the Bay State MVP.
- Led her team to the Division I South Quarterfinals as a senior, contributing 31 points in a season-ending loss to Newton South.
- Uses her body well to draw contact and can also win 1-on-1 matchups on the offensive end with her knack for creating space.
- Played for the Boston Showstoppers AAU squad. Her Uncle Clinton was her AAU Coach, while her older sister Ednaija is a sophomore guard at Rhode Island.
- Began playing basketball in third grade as a member of her uncle’s AAU team, crediting him for her development while owing it to her sister for introducing her to the game. She has played alongside her older sister Ednaija ever since.
- The 5-foot-10 player has impressed colleges with being able to finish consistently in traffic, attack the basket and rebound well from the guard position.
- Lassiter is rated as a four-star player via Prospects Nation.
- Battled back from a season-ending knee injury as a freshman to enjoy an outstanding high school career despite missing her sophomore season.
- Received approximately 40 collegiate offers before deciding on Florida State, signing her National Letter of Intent on Nov. 11, 2016.
- Named to the Boston Globe Girls Basketball All-Scholastics five-member Dream Team as a senior.
All About Me:
- Born: June 16, 1999.
- Parents: Natasha Lassiter and James Coakley.
- Major: Exploratory.
- Favorite song: Anything that is by Beyoncé. I’ve already seen her three times in Boston.
- Explain a hardship you have overcome: When I tore my knee as a sophomore in high school.
- What shows are you watching these days? Power on STARZ
- Most gratifying thing you have been a part of? I’ve helped at my grandma’s senior home, participated in Bingo Nights.
- Something many people don’t know about you? My life goal is to do a back flip.
- Favorite home-cooked meal? Hamburger Helper
- Number of brothers and sisters? Little brother who is eight years old, and my sister in college.
- If I were a genie and granted you three wishes, what would those wishes be?
- 1. To do a back flip.
- 2. Have enough money.
- 3. Meet Beyoncé
- If a movie was being made about your life and you could choose the actor/actress to play you, who would you choose and why? Beyoncé or Zendaya.
- If you were to win the $500 million lottery, what are some of the things you would do? I’d buy a really big house and buy a whole candy room.
- What would you name your autobiography? The Secret Life of Say
- What current issue/issues in today’s world most fascinate you? Beyoncé’s daily life.
- If you could choose to fight for or give back to any cause, what would it be and why? Getting clean water in Africa.
- What is the most inspirational story you’ve ever heard? Anything that motivational speaker Eric Thomas says.
- If you could spend an hour with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why? Beyoncé
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received and from who? My mom and uncle would tell me “If it was easy everybody would do it.”