• Bob LaCivita is in his ninth season at Florida State where he is responsible for all administrative duties related to football recruiting and the day-to-day administration of the football office as assigned by head coach Jimbo Fisher.
• Since LaCivita arrived in Tallahassee in 2007, the Seminoles have landed eight consecutive top 10 nationally ranked recruiting classes including a No. 1 ranked class in 2011, No. 2 ranked class in 2012, No. 3 ranked class in 2014 and the No. 2 ranked class in 2015. The 2011 class is ranked as one of the top 15 recruiting classes of the modern era.
• LaCivita’s efforts in recruiting and administration set the foundation for Florida State’s 2013 BCS National Championship season.
• LaCivita was involved in the recruitment of all 29 FSU players drafted in the 2013 – 2015 NFL drafts that set the modern day draft record for the most players drafted in a three-year period.
• Prior to his arrival at FSU, he spent the previous seven years as the Director of Player Personnel at NC State and the University of Florida. His 2006 class at the University of Florida is also ranked as one of the top 15 recruiting classes of the modern era.
• From 1996 to 1998 he served as assistant to head coach Terry Bowden at Auburn University.
• LaCivita was the point person in the development and creation of Florida State’s FeartheSpear.com website – an information site utilized by prospective football recruits and the highly successful FSU football camp Seminole Showtime: Camping with the Stars.
• LaCivita also worked in recruiting and football administration at the University of Pittsburgh from 1983-85 and the University of Akron from 1986-95. His tenure at Akron included the recruitment of Pro Bowler Jason Taylor.
• Overall, LaCivita’s recruiting efforts over the past 20 plus years have included:
– 2 BCS National Championships
– 3 First overall picks in the NFL Draft
– 3 Heisman Trophy Winners
– 8 Pro Bowlers
– 19 First round draft picks
– 81 Players drafted
– Multiple top ranked classes
• LaCivita earned his undergraduate degree in 1971 in psychology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania where he played football. He also earned a master’s degree and Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh.
• LaCivita and his wife Michelle, have one son, Bryan, a wide receiver at FSU.