TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (Seminoles.com) – The 2016-17 Florida State Women’s Basketball season promises to be another special year. With All-Americans Leticia Romero and Shakayla Thomas headlining the key contributors returning, as well as a Top-5 signing class, a season ticket to the upcoming year promises to bring you more excitement than ever.
The 2016-17 season will also be head coach Sue Semrau’s 20th at Florida State, a time span that has flown by since her enormous hire was made official on June 13, 1997. Celebrate it all with the #FSUWBB season ticket packages that offer more incentives than ever. Fans can order season tickets right on Seminoles.com or through the FSU Athletics Ticket Office at 1-888-FSU-NOLE.
“We believe the upcoming year will be a milestone season, and nothing would make it more memorable than to have our fans out at the Tucker Center in record numbers,” Semrau said. “We’re offering even more incentives to watch a program that has become a force not only in the ACC but throughout the country. We have built a Top 10 program at FSU, and now it’s time to create a Top 10 crowd as well.”
The reserved seating section is back again for the same price of $75 for adults, $50 for youth and senior citizens and the big savings of $180 for a family 4-pack (two adults and two youth tickets). Each season ticket purchase will include a free schedule magnet, invites to section parties, exclusive giveaways at select home games and an invitation to the season ticket holder appreciation event.
Once again, the reserved sections will be in 102, 101, 124, 112, 113 and 114.
General admission season tickets are $50 for adults, $25 for youth and senior citizens and $99 for a family 4-pack. Fans purchasing GA season tickets receive a complimentary schedule magnet and a season ticket holder appreciation event invitation.
New to this upcoming season are two season ticket programs that can help fans cash in on more prizes. The Refer-A-Nole Program allows a season ticket holder to refer a friend, family member or co-worker to become a season ticket holder for the 2016-17 year. When purchasing tickets on Seminoles.com, the person you referred will be asked to type your name and allow you to get referral points. Those points will go toward the grand prize of traveling with the team to both the ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C. and the first and second rounds of the NCAA Tournament (unless FSU hosts).
Attendance Points is another program offered to season ticket holders, where you receive points every time your ticket is scanned to a game. If you cannot make a game, lend your tickets to someone else and points will be directed back to you. Data will be collected throughout the year and a drawing will be held at the end of the season for a prize.
In ESPNW’s “Way Too Early” preseason rankings, Florida State is pegged at 15th for the upcoming year. Seven letterwinners will return and the addition of sharp-shooting guard Imani Wright solidifies a talented group that has a plethora of strong guard play as well as quality players in the post.
The Seminoles reached the NCAA Sweet 16 last season and finished 12th in the final USA Today Coaches Poll, extending their streak to 32 consecutive weeks in the Top 25. FSU’s 13-3 record in the ACC was its second-most wins in the conference. FSU finished 25-8 overall, its fifth-most wins in program history.
Florida State’s 2016-17 non-conference schedule will be released in the mid-summer and will offer a compelling home schedule. The ACC schedule will be released in the late summer.
SEASON TICKET HIGHLIGHTS:
• $75 adults, $50 youth/senior citizens, $180 family 4-pack (2 adult and 2 youth tickets)
1. Schedule magnet
2. Invitation to section parties throughout the season
3. Exclusive giveaways at select games
4. Invite to the season ticket holder appreciation event
• $50 adults, $25 youth/senior citizens, $99 family 4-pack
1. Schedule magnet
2. Invite to the season ticket holder appreciation event
• Current season ticket holders can refer a friend, family member or co-worker to become a season ticket holder for the 2016-17 season.
• They will be asked if they were referred on Seminoles.com when purchasing tickets. Every time your name is put down as the “referral” you will get points. Those points will go toward a prize that will be announced during the season.
• You can also get referral points if you purchase additional seats from the previous season. The season ticket holder with the most referrals will win post-season travel to the ACC and NCAA tournament for two people. The deadline to have your referrals count toward the prize is November 1.
• We are going to give our season ticket holders attendance points every time your season ticket is scanned at a game.
• Come to a game and use your ticket, you get a point! Even if you can’t make it, lend your tickets to a friend or family member. Every time your season ticket(s) are scanned at a game, you will get a point.
• We will collect the data and have a drawing at the end of the season for the winner. The prize has yet to be determined.