Feb. 3, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With 17 days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with freshman infielder Ray Navarro.
1. What is your favorite professional sports team?
a. Florida Marlins
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
a. Sports Center
3. Most recent song you listened to on your iPod?
a. Pillar – Fireproof
4. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. Hanley Ramirez
5. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Rolando Gomez
6. Other than at Florida State what is the best venue you have competed at?
a. State finals
7. What was the last movie you saw?
a. Step Brothers
8. Dream vacation?
9. Favorite kids cartoon?
a. Tom and Jerry
10. Favorite food?
11. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who would they be?
a. Ozzie Smith, Cal Ripken, Tony Larosa
12. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
13. Who makes you laugh?
a. Dane Cook
14. Why did you pick FSU?
a. None better
15. Best memory from FSU?
a. Going to the college world series
16. First job?
a. On the Border
17. Talent I would most like to have?
18. Dream date?
a. Carmen Electra
19. Your words to live by…
a. Live everyday as your last
20. One thing I can’t live without?
21. Favorite spot on campus?
22. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
a. Control time
23. When I am at home I like to?
a. Watch TV
24. Most influential person in your life?
25. On average I send _____ text messages a day
26. Facebook or MySpace?
27. Any pre game rituals?
a. Stretch, Pray
28. I know it is game time when?
a. I walk across the lines