Jan. 22, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners, including five position starters, while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With 29 days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with sophomore third baseman Stuart Tapley. Tapley is coming off a fantastic freshman campaign that saw him bat .383 en route to earning Freshman All-America honors.
1. What is your favorite professional sports team?
a. Boston Red Sox
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
a. Fresh Prince of Bel Air
3. Most recent song you listened to on your iPod?
a. Country men can’t survive
4. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. Buster Posey
5. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Buster Posey
6. Other than at Florida State what is the best venue you have competed at?
a. Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha
7. What was the last movie you saw?
8. Dream vacation?
a. Costa Rica
9. Favorite kids cartoon?
a. Rocko’s modern world
10. Favorite food?
a. Mac `N’ Cheese
11. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who would they be?
a. Babe Ruth, Pamela Anderson, Michael Phelps
12. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
a. Playing Football
13. Favorite team tradition?
14. Who makes you laugh?
a. Matt Kane
15. Why did you pick FSU?
a. Coaches, Players, Program
16. Best memory from FSU?
17. Talent I would most like to have?
a. To dance
18. Dream date?
a. Scarlett Johansson
19. Your words to live by…
a. 110% every play
20. One thing I can’t live without?
21. Favorite spot on campus?
22. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
23. When I am at home I like to?
a. Play X box
24. Most influential person in your life?
a. My mom
25. On average I send _____ text messages a day
26. Facebook or MySpace?
27. Any pre game rituals?
a. Break dancing
28. I know it is game time when?
a. When #11 says “pitching and defense men”