Feb. 23, 2006
Even though we are at the end of February, there is still a lot going on with
1) Give us an update on how off-season conditioning drills have gone so far?
DW: They are very hard, we get up at on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We only have a couple more left though. Even though they are difficult, I feel like we are coming together as a team and it will all pay off in the future.
2) The 2006
3) You seem like an athlete who takes pride in being a Seminole. What does it mean to have a scholarship to
DW: It’s kind of hard to express in words when you are actually in the moment. Being on scholarship has been a great benefit to me since I have nine children in my family. That’s one less kid my parents have to pay for to send off to school. It’s something I don’t take lightly and I appreciate a great deal. As for playing for Coach Bowden, it’s a dream come true. I’ve wanted to play here since I was a little kid. Now I find myself dealing with college football’s greatest coach on a daily basis.
4) Here’s some quick hitters on your receivers –
Best hands: Robert Hallback
Fastest: Kenny O’Neal
Best routes: Chris Davis
Best off the line: De’Cody Fagg
Best moves after the catch: Chris Davis
Best downfield blocker: Joslin Shaw
Worst practice celebration: Even though I’m not a receiver, I’d say me. I think everyone saw the
Best trash talker: Richard Goodman
Easy one, best at the jump ball: Greg Carr
5) How about on your teammates overall –
Best dressed: Buster
Worst dressed: John Frady
Funniest: Chris Davis
Hardest worker: Mikhal Kornegay
Big man on campus: Lorenzo Booker
Best quote: Lorenzo Booker, he’s really good with the media
Best dancer: Rod “Old School” Owens
Worst dancer: Anthony Houllis
Most Intellectual: John Frady
6) Of the six new players already on campus, who has already stood out in your opinion?
DW: Myron Rolle. He is constantly working hard on and off the field. A guy with as much hype as he had usually doesn’t work that hard, which is impressive.
7) Who is a guy that we may already know of, but who we will all be very familiar with after the 2006 season?
8) Who is the best defensive back you have faced both in practice and in games?
DW: Here at
9) If you had your choice, would you take off the green jersey in practice and take or give a few hits? If so, who would you least like to get hit by?
DW: I would like to play without a green jersey except when Lawrence Timmons was coming after me, then I would like to put it back on for that moment.
10) You can pick three people to fill out your foursome to play any golf course in the world. Who would those three people be and what course would you play?
DW: George W. Bush, Michael Jordan and Billy Graham. For the course, I would play Augusta National. Hopefully one of those three guys could get us on there.
11) Last question. You’ve met most of the great FSU quarterbacks of recent years. Give me a word of couple words that come to mind on each.
Peter Tom Willis – I see ya!
Brad Johnson – A winner who is very methodical in his style of play
Casey Weldon – Competitor and good teacher
Chris Weinke – Heisman