SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Alexis Peterson had 17 points and Brianna Butler added 16 to lead a quartet of Syracuse players in double figures, and the No. 23 Orange defeated No. 10 Florida State 83-73 on Thursday night.
Brittney Sykes and Taylor Ford chipped in with 15 apiece for Syracuse (21-6, 11-3 ACC), which won its seventh straight game. Briana Day had 11 rebounds. The loss snapped an 11-game winning streak for the Seminoles (21-5, 11-2).
Adut Bulgak led the Seminoles with 23 points, including 5 of 7 on 3s. Shakayla Thomas had 19 points and Ivey Slaughter 13.
POST-GAME NOTES COMPILED BY FSU SPORTS INFORMATION:
• Florida State snapped its 11-game win streak, all in ACC play which was a program record for consecutive conference wins. FSU was one win short of its all-time record of 12 straight wins in 2004.
• FSU out-scored Syracuse 52-26 in the paint and 16-1 in second-chance points.
• Senior center Adut Bulgak registered her sixth 20-point game of the season with 23 points on 9-of-13 shooting along with nine rebounds. It was her second-most points scored this season.
• Junior guard Brittany Brown tied her career high with 12 rebounds. She also added four steals, giving her 84 this season to keep her just 18 shy of the single-season record of 101.
• Shakayla Thomas finished 9-of-14 from the floor for 19 points. It was her 21st game of 25 played where she shot 50 percent or better.
• Florida State’s 26 points allowed to Syracuse in the first period was a season high for the Seminoles. Syracuse’s 47 points at the half were also a season high given up by FSU.
• Adut Bulgak’s 16 points in the first half tied her season high for points through the first 20 minutes. She also had 16 at the half at Clemson on Jan. 14.
• FSU’s 28 turnovers were its second-most of the season.